my liver: slightly elevated bilirubin level - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-02-2011, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

does anyone know what can cause this? and what can help this? i'm going in for a retest in a few days. the amount of elevation was not high. it was "slight" according to the lab reading. otherwise, my blood work reported perfect health, excellent cholesterol, etc.

i'm not a drinker, and i can't see how i could have hepatitis. been with the same man for 13 years and no history of IV drug use. ???

just wondering if anyone has any insight.

also i have read that dandilion leaves can help "cleanse" the liver. is this something that's worth trying? 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2011, 11:14 AM

Its most likely absolutely nothing. Often when they check me for bilirubins they find mild elevation and upon repeat its always been normal. Your body is probably just fighting a little virus.

Old 04-03-2011, 01:00 PM

Direct or indirect bilirubin? If it's indirect, it is likely Gilbert's Syndrome, which is a benign congenital condition, absolutely nothing to worry about. If it is direct, then your doc should look for an underlying cause.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:42 PM

I feel this syndrome is very under studied.  Liver function is huge as it affects hormones, detox and more.  Pathway2, gilbert's can be supported with supplements but artificial colors, preservatives, vaccines, stress, virus,etc.. are all affected by liver processing.  No tylenol if it is Gilbert's as it stops the methylization.

Google gilbert's.  It is not studies here nearly as much as it is in Europe.  I feel this has played a huge roll in my son's vaccine injury.  Can't detox vaccines if your liver is not working properly.

You need to find a doctor who actually understands this syndrome and can tell you what to do to support your liver. 

Old 05-04-2011, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellinghamCrunchie View Post

Its most likely absolutely nothing. Often when they check me for bilirubins they find mild elevation and upon repeat its always been normal. Your body is probably just fighting a little virus.

i was retested last week, after fighting a nasty virus for the past 6 weeks or so. (strep was going around my daughter's preschool and my whole family got it.) my bilirubins had returned to normal. so i'm going to assume it was just as you said.

thanks, all!

User Tag List