MRSA... AlliMed vs. mrsa30day (Phenomenal water) PLEASE HELP - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 04-05-2011, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We have been going thru bouts of MRSA cases between myself and my 2 DD's (2.5yo & 10mo). I know have it again in my armpit, the first time I had to have surgery to remove it, and now its back in the same armpit... my oldest has had it twice and my youngest once. We tried the AlliMed and were on it for one month and have been off of it for 2 weeks b/c we ran out (it's $360 for 8oz which last 1 month for us 3) money is tight and have been looking into the mrsa30day.com which is the Phenomenal water (alkaline water). Are there any moms out there that have used one or the other?? Or done something else to rid yourself or your family of this? It breaks me heart that I have this again... and especially do NOT want either of them to get it again. I know I'll have to go on abx again which really plugged up my youngest last time b/c I am bf-ing and I know going on this only makes the MRSA stronger. PLEASE HELP!!!

#2 of 23 Old 04-06-2011, 09:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Manuka honey has been known to cure MRSA infections

I know several people that have used it successfully. If you do a google search, there are dozens of articles about it.

here is just one

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/09/090908-mrsa-staph-manuka-honey.html

I know I can buy manuka honey at whole foods market. You can also purchase on the internet. It is quite expensive - but I think worth a try. Good luck!

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#3 of 23 Old 04-07-2011, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter

yes, thank you! we already have it in stock at home and have been using it! It works GREAT! I will have to agree with you and your friends on that!

#4 of 23 Old 04-10-2011, 04:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

herbalist/traditional chinese medicine

mama to one '07 and one '09
#5 of 23 Old 04-10-2011, 07:15 PM

Of all the things we tried last year for my son's recurrent staph (impetigo-type, non-MRSA), the most effective were the Manuka honey topically and the pHenomenal water internally. We also did a homeopathic remedy that I dreamed of for him, but that was after the pHenomenal water, so it was hard to tell what exact effect it had. But I believe that effective homeopathy can be really helpful with staph, because I think it's not just a bacteria issue, but an overall balance issue. I do believe that it helped with that for us. The one we used wasn't on the normal list of staph remedies; I think it would be important to use one that really matched your kids.

Mama to two sweet boys, a 7yo superhero.gif and a toddler coolshine.gif.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. - Albert Einstein

#6 of 23 Old 04-14-2011, 09:23 AM

This is a blog post I found very interesting on the subject of heat treatment and MRSA:

http://eatingoffthefoodgrid.blogspot.com/2010/02/heat-pad-revisited.html

She talked about using heating pads, hot wash cloths, and a heated flaxseed pad.

I would add to the list an infrared lamp (like the ones you would use for raising chicks). Sli, General Electric, and Philips brands are recommended. They cost about $10, and you can use a clamp-on light fixture/reflector that the bulb screws into.

#7 of 23 Old 04-14-2011, 12:25 PM

I'm sure we'll all be hearing about this lovely bug more and more in the coming months. Here is another resource that may be of help, it's a support forum on curezone:

http://www.curezone.com/forums/f.asp?f=656

Knowledge is power.

But only as powerful as the mind which grasps it, reading.gif the heart which believes in it, heartbeat.gif and the hands which wield it.goodvibes.gif

#8 of 23 Old 04-15-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbravebird View Post

Of all the things we tried last year for my son's recurrent staph (impetigo-type, non-MRSA), the most effective were the Manuka honey topically and the pHenomenal water internally. We also did a homeopathic remedy that I dreamed of for him, but that was after the pHenomenal water, so it was hard to tell what exact effect it had. But I believe that effective homeopathy can be really helpful with staph, because I think it's not just a bacteria issue, but an overall balance issue. I do believe that it helped with that for us. The one we used wasn't on the normal list of staph remedies; I think it would be important to use one that really matched your kids.

ita

#9 of 23 Old 05-23-2011, 09:34 PM

Hi Carly, I've had MRSA for over one year. The first months I tried antibiotics and many natural treatments. The relief was always temporary. Researchng the net, I found phenomenal. I haven't had a boil in many, many months. Shannon, the creator and owner is very committed to his work and to the success of the people who use his product. If you keep in touch via e-mail, he follows your case, and if you have financial issues he will also work with you. He even sent me a lactic acid meter to test my levels for a few weeks. This is the only product I have found that truly works.

#10 of 23 Old 05-23-2011, 10:07 PM

any update OP? hope you guys are doing well...

#11 of 23 Old 05-26-2011, 07:18 AM - Thread Starter

Okay so we just had another boil on my daughter's butt... ugh. what a pain this is. We have been on the AlliMed (Allicin) for 3 months now and been clean from the MRSA for that long too and now it just reared its ugly head again. They drained about 10cc's of puss out of it this time. I am so desperate and am going to give the pHenomenal water a try, probably not for about a month until we can save up some more money... a lil strained on cash lately, like everyone :( Thanks for all the replies so far mom's! I truely appreciate it!

#12 of 23 Old 05-26-2011, 11:09 AM

not sure where you are, but do you have an herbalist/chinese medicine doc around you? ours gave my ds a topical powder to mix with neem oil, and an herbal dropper to take orally.

maybe you could contact her and she could give you some advice to find someone closer to you

http://www.phxherbs4kids.com/

fwiw, i am not sure, but i think my ds just had staph- it was so scary, the spot just kept getting bigger and deeper!

#13 of 23 Old 05-26-2011, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

funny that you say that! I have called more chinese medicine/herbalist in the northern Illinois region and apparently nobody works with MRSA.... no one wants to see her or us. I guess, just keep calling and seeing who will. ahhhh....

#14 of 23 Old 05-27-2011, 01:17 PM

maybe call the link above and ask for a consultation on the phone? i know it sucks, sending healing vibes goodvibes.gif

#15 of 23 Old 05-31-2011, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

another question for you, i've been reading on here about how your more suseptable to this if you've got a comprimised immune sys (which she does b/c of all the abx's and vaccine's (this is before i knew anything about anything yet... :(. but did your child have a comprimised immune sys. were working on getting hers back up, but as you know this takes time. thanks sooo much!

#16 of 23 Old 05-31-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly0805 View Post

another question for you, i've been reading on here about how your more suseptable to this if you've got a comprimised immune sys (which she does b/c of all the abx's and vaccine's (this is before i knew anything about anything yet... :(. but did your child have a comprimised immune sys. were working on getting hers back up, but as you know this takes time. thanks sooo much!

yeah, we haven't had any abx or vax here and my ds still got it and is more prone to it. i guess it is called "weak constitution" either way i am just doing a lot - mostly just feeding good food along with good food supplements and nursing of course.

#17 of 23 Old 05-31-2011, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

okay! my oldest DD, 3, is the one thats had the most boils and with the comprimised immune sys (vax'd and abx's for various things until 9 mos old, thats when I did a 180 with all the medical to natural stuff)... :( were working so hard with our chiro on getting her up to par and this last one just set us back having to put her on abx's again :( this is just so unfortunate to have this in our family and every other family out there. so frustrating.

#18 of 23 Old 06-01-2011, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly0805 View Post

okay! my oldest DD, 3, is the one thats had the most boils and with the comprimised immune sys (vax'd and abx's for various things until 9 mos old, thats when I did a 180 with all the medical to natural stuff)... :( were working so hard with our chiro on getting her up to par and this last one just set us back having to put her on abx's again :( this is just so unfortunate to have this in our family and every other family out there. so frustrating.

it doesn't help that as moms we naturally try to figure out what we did wrong or place blame. when really it isn't anyone's fault, but it stinks! we have started taking fermented cod liver oil, eating fermented foods, all organic/local, custom probiotics, ro water etc. we just have to do the best we can!

#19 of 23 Old 06-10-2011, 08:19 PM

I was just doing research on this and came across your posts. Thanks all for the great info. I would like to try Allimed, but my concern is also with the cost. Do you know the typical dosage and length of time necessary to clear things up? Should I plan on more than the bottle of 60 (450mg)? Would I only take it when symptoms are present, or all the time?

I can't believe all the similarities I find between myself and others with the same problem. I was diagnosed about two months ago, never really seemed to truly shake it, my kids are 2.5y and 9m old, my immune system was compromised, etc. I fear I'm going to battle this forever.
#20 of 23 Old 06-13-2011, 08:46 AM - Thread Starter

I buy the 8oz of the AlliMed and gave my daughter 1/2 a tsp and myself 1 tsp daily. you take it with or without symptoms. weve been on it for 3 months and then she got ANOTHER boil... which had made me really question this stuff now. I've upped her to 1tsp and give myself 1tsp every couple days to save $$$. It is so frustrating dealing with this. I might go ahead and try the mrsa30day.com... the pHenomenal water next and see what that does. it is quite a bit cheaper.

I couldnt tell you if your going to battle this forever or not... i certainly hope not but i've heard alot of stories otherwise. I have found if you have more of a surface boil that you can kind of "pop" open like a zit. MANUKA HONEY works AMAZING! no abx necessary for us but weve only have one surface one, the other 3 were deep and have to get lanced or surgery to remove. i know, fun. my daughter is almost 3, has had is 3x since September 2010 and myself once in February (mine required surgurey in my armpit).

#21 of 23 Old 06-13-2011, 02:02 PM

Thanks for the response. I ordered the Manuka honey, so I hope that works. The company I ordered from also has an anti-MRSA kit. I hope I don't have to go that far. I appreciate the experiences shared here. I am relieved to know it's not just me, but sad to read others' struggles. Hang in there, moms!
#22 of 23 Old 08-09-2012, 09:12 AM

I've tried the Allimed and MRSA30day and bio-botanical research products have worked the best for my ordeal with MRSA
#23 of 23 Old 11-27-2012, 10:01 AM

Hi Carly, Just came across your discussion here.  I know it was last year, but are you all doing better?  I was interested in your discussion for a few reasons.  I battled mrsa for 9 months in 2009...it was so terrible, as you know, and one of my daughters also got it at the time.  I began seeing a naturopath to rebuild my health (well, started with him because all the efforts of the doctors could not get mrsa to go away and stay away).  I started on allimed and continued it for a long time. I found an online book titled, I think, Mrsa Secrets Revealed, which I found helpful. I found a woman who sold allimed for a relatively reasonable price, and gave me very good advice on using it.  Her story is almost identical to yours...armpit mrsa and her young children infected...and they overcame it totally.  Also, I am in northern Illinois (northwest), and noticed you are in northern Illinois also.  I hope your mrsa nightmare is gone forever.  Mine has not returned, thank God!  Here are the links for Carrie's sites, where you can read about her story and others and what helped and did not help... http://mrsasupportgroup.org/index.html, and where you can get her phone number to talk to her, and order if you wish... http://mrsaconsultant.mrsasupportgroup.org/.  Hope that helps!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page