Spin-off discussion about Chlorine Dioxide/MMS and the eradication of disease - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 339 Old 04-21-2011, 05:30 AM - Thread Starter
 
Calm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Illusion
Posts: 3,146
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have to go, hence the big parade of posts all at once.  But in a thread about eradication of disease, I can't in all good conscience not mention chlorine dioxide (ClO2).  When I get back, I will start a thread.  It will contain details about the chemistry, some videos (there are thousands more children healed now), people I've personally met who healed from AIDS symptoms with it, and other things.  I just didn't want this to go down that path and get the thread shut again.  I'll post here when I start the thread.

 

UPDATE: During this thread's progression, I discovered that chlorine dioxide is being used in some patented drugs under a different name.  Dioxyclor and WF10 (under further names as Immunokine and Macrokine).  They are used successfully against a wide array of diseases mostly HIV and cancer... although autoimmune diseases, inflammatory conditions and many others.  There are past clinical trials and current ones for it.

 

This is not discovered until about page 12, and until that point, sarcasm and ridicule ruled this thread and getting past the absoluteness of the closed mindedness took many pages, so perhaps save yourself the drama if you are looking up this thread for info about MMS/chlorine dioxide and skip to the posts with the FAQ on this post here, and the WF10 etc starts from this post here.  


Hunger is political.  Wherever there is widespread hunger, it is because people with guns are preventing other people from bringing in food.  
Calm is offline  
#2 of 339 Old 04-21-2011, 12:02 PM
 
WildKingdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 684
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calm View Post

I have to go, hence the big parade of posts all at once.  But in a thread about eradication of disease, I can't in all good conscience not mention chlorine dioxide (ClO2).  When I get back, I will start a thread.  It will contain details about the chemistry, some videos (there are thousands more children healed now), people I've personally helped heal from AIDS with it, and other things.  I just didn't want this to go down that path and get the thread shut again.  I'll post here when I start the thread.

 

 

 

I can't wait.
Petronella likes this.
WildKingdom is offline  
#3 of 339 Old 04-21-2011, 02:01 PM
 
NannyMcPhee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 99
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Calm View Post

I have to go, hence the big parade of posts all at once.  But in a thread about eradication of disease, I can't in all good conscience not mention chlorine dioxide (ClO2).  When I get back, I will start a thread.  It will contain details about the chemistry, some videos (there are thousands more children healed now), people I've personally helped heal from AIDS with it, and other things.  I just didn't want this to go down that path and get the thread shut again.  I'll post here when I start the thread.

 

 

 

 

Please don't. :(
 

 

NannyMcPhee is offline  
#4 of 339 Old 04-21-2011, 02:02 PM
Banned
 
stik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,942
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Calm, ClO2 is bleach.  It doesn't "heal" anyone.  It causes diarrhea and vomiting.  

 

We would all love to see a cure for AIDS.  Bleach isn't it.

Petronella likes this.
stik is offline  
#5 of 339 Old 04-21-2011, 02:17 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,028
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

 Calm, I too am waiting on pins and needles for a thread all about the miracle of MMS...because that is what you are promoting isn't it?

The panacea of all panaceas...

 

Now whether this thread will ever appear...I will just wait patiently because I would love to have a discussion purely on this subject.

Ldavis24 is offline  
#6 of 339 Old 04-21-2011, 02:39 PM
 
SleeplessMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 5,431
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

CIO2 - I would love to see some peer reviewed studies.  Double blind is probably expected along with independant testing of blood samples before and after. (CD4 t-cell count  and HIV antibody testing.)

 

If poosible, get your name on the first peer reviewed studies - cause that Nobel Prize will look great on your wall. I think they even pay your way to Norway, which would be a nice vacation for the familly.

 

CherryBomb and Petronella like this.
SleeplessMommy is offline  
#7 of 339 Old 04-21-2011, 11:44 PM
 
pers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 497
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Calm View Post

 

http://fiocco59.altervista.org/ALLEGATI/MORGAN.PDF

 

This one is just the chart from that pdf: http://healyourselfathomefl.health.officelive.com/HEALTHPROBLEM_CANCER_ChemotherapySuccessRates.aspx

 

Yes, a five year survival rate.  

 

 

Only adult cancers and excludes leukemia, which means that acute lymphocytic leukemia in children, which is perhaps one of the most effective uses of chemo, is doubly out. 

 

But that is exactly the sort of thing I was talking about.  It says right at the start of the first section that head and neck cancer are normally treated with surgery and radiation, not chemo.  And that studies done to see if adding chemo would improve survival rates showed no real improvement. And that really is useful information for anyone dealing with that sort of cancer.  But what in the world is the point of averaging that and a bunch of other cancers where chemo isn't generally used and some cancers for which it has been shown to be quite effective together to find an average that depicts chemo as horribly ineffective?  It's lie doing a study of vitamin C and diseases of nutritional deficiency by seeing how scurvy, beriberi, rickets, goiter, and pellagra respond to vitamin C supplements, and saying since average is quite a low number, vitamin C is not a good solution to nutritional deficiencies.   

 

It also has too narrow of a definition of success. Sometimes chemo is used to shrink a tumor to make surgical removal easier and allow them to take less tissue. It may not add much to the five year survival rate, but isn't a less complicated surgery that is a bit easier to recover from a success? Or a woman able to have a lumpectomy insead of losing an entire breast?  Or with some types of breast cancer, chemo has been shown to be quite effective in decreasing the number of  reoccurances years down the road.  This doesn't do much for the five year rate, but does mean that fewer women have to start treatment and undergo surgery all over again, and does have a larger effect on ten and fifteen year survival rate.  Is that not a success? 

 

 

Do you really think that back in the day they didn't have studies and evidence to show the effectiveness of blood letting?  They recorded things back then, they weren't dribbling fools, they were just in a different era.  They suffered the same superiority complex we still do, the same medical arrogance.

 

I would say it had "actual evidence to show just how ineffective it is".  I think you're in the minority with the idea that we can't quantify and qualify the effectiveness of chemo... it is far from absurd.  For how else do we evaluate it?  Oh yes, that's right, we don't.  It's just what doctors do, so it's what we do.  Chlorine dioxide, so quickly ridiculed, has killed not one of the hundreds of thousands who have used it, and the FDA even stresses it is so dangerous because it causes "nausea and dehydration" in some.  Yeah.  Tummy upset is real scary, better not drink that "bleach" which has a lethal dose less than table salt.  Better off mainlining liters of toxic radioactive chemicals that are the same chemicals that are being measured leaking from Japan's recent disaster.  THAT makes so much more sense.  

 

Pot.  Meet kettle.

 


I don't think they were dribbling fools, and I don't doubt that many records were kept of so and so who was pulled back from the brink of death and such.  But the power of the anecdote is an amazing thing - still is today, even - and the scientific method is much improved since the days of yours.  Unless you can point me to controlled randomized studies of a decent size or the like from back then which showed how effective it was?  

 

If it were shown to be an effective treatment, FDA would have no problem with the side effects.  Where are the peer reviewed double blind placebo controlled random trials?  It's bleach.  Good for killing germs on surfaces and water, but not so good at getting to them in the human body.  

 

Lovely to hear that you are curing AIDS though.  Bet the doctors formerly treating your patients were just absolutely shocked when their patients started coming in with proof that they were no longer HIV positive.  I'm surprised none of them thought to call a reporter to get it in the news and spread the word! 

 

CherryBomb likes this.
pers is offline  
#8 of 339 Old 04-22-2011, 04:42 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,028
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

edited as told to.

SleeplessMommy likes this.
Ldavis24 is offline  
#9 of 339 Old 04-22-2011, 08:07 AM
Banned
 
stik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,942
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sylvia Fink died of drinking MMS in Vanatu in 2009: http://www.dailypost.vu/content/prosecutor-decides-no-charges-can-be-laid-case-death-linked-mms

 

Canada reports a life-threatening reaction: http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/ahc-asc/media/advisories-avis/_2010/2010_74-eng.php

 

IMO, the reason there haven't been more deaths is that, despite a massive PR campaign on the web, most people have either never heard of MMS, or can clearly tell that MMS is a fraud, and Jim Humble is a con man.  

CherryBomb and SleeplessMommy like this.
stik is offline  
#10 of 339 Old 04-22-2011, 12:04 PM
JMJ
 
JMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,301
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Okay, we've got a lot of new information since I last had a chance to post, but it has been a fascinating read.  I think starting another thread to discuss ClO2 would be a good idea if people would like to discuss that theory.  In this thread, I'd like to leave it at including the importance of research into medications/chemicals to prevent and/or treat infections.  A lot of the medications used are or contain strong chemicals that can cause serious side effects, and I'm not going to weigh in on one particular treatment or another.  I believe that just as people should have a right to use or refuse any particular vaccine, I believe they should have the right to look at the evidence for and againts the treatments they are considering and choose what they believe to be best.

 

Thank you all for a lively discussion!  It is a pleasure to converse with such great minds, each with your own perspective and information to add to the discussion.  It is interesting to see ideas from people who politely disagree because it gives me such an amazing chance to see the conflicting arguments from many angles, and I think it brings more clarity if we can see strong arguments by educated people who think differently.

JMJ is offline  
#11 of 339 Old 04-22-2011, 12:53 PM
 
SleeplessMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 5,431
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Actually, there are frozen samples of smallpox at one or two very well guarded government labs. 

"Three known repositories of the virus were left, one in **********, England which was later destroyed after an accidental escape from containment caused the death of Janet Parker, and two still remaining at the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta, Georgia and the State Research Center of Virology and Biotechnology (VECTOR) in Koltsovo, Russia." (wikipedia)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calm View Post
 

Do you really think that back in the day they didn't have studies and evidence to show the effectiveness of blood letting?  They recorded things back then, they weren't dribbling fools, they were just in a different era.  They suffered the same superiority complex we still do, the same medical arrogance.

 

Evidence based medicine. I am a big fan :-) Back in the 18th century, docs were trained to do bloodletting and told that it worked. Maybe patients even asked for it by name! So they did it.


Up until recently, ob/gyns offered episiotomy (or did it without asking) to a majority of patients. Then someone did a controlled study and (surprise!) no benefit was found. So ob/gyns have greatly decreased use of episiotomy in the past 10 years.

 

Part of the process is a risk/benefit analysis. For example, if we (hypothetically) circumcise 1000000 male infants, can we (hypothetically) prevent 57 hospitallizations due to UTI? Can we magically prevent one or two cases of HIV transmission (as has been claimed). We also need to look at risk What if circumcised males are less likely to wear condoms, or more likely to engage in riskier sex practices (ano-genitial contact) ?  How many cases of meatal stenosis caused by the surgery? How many MRSA infections? How many other complications?

 

SleeplessMommy is offline  
#12 of 339 Old 04-22-2011, 01:40 PM
 
SilverMoon010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 729
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMJ View Post

I know that to an extent, that is true, that our immune systems respond better when we are well nourished, that deficiencies in Vitamin C, zinc, vitamin A, etc, can make it more likely to catch a bug and make the illness more serious. 

 

This country completely slacks on promoting natural health.  Of course the vitamins you mention above in addition to Vitamin D.  We rarely ever hear about the importance of vitamins and a diet consisting of whole foods being advertised openly in fighting illness.  Why? Because no money is to be made from natural sources. We only see ads on TV and in magazines for drugs.  People who don't realize the importance of vitamins are certainly going to think vaccines are the only way to keep them "healthy." People should be better informed of the importance of diet and nutrients and the impact it has on health.
 

Take the flu for example.  Rather than spending time working on a flu shot for young children that is an assault to their system,  since they can never pinpoint the next strain anyway,  and since people usually wind up WITH the flu after the vaccine, they should be concentrating on getting the word out on taking Vitamin D supplements, eating the proper foods, and getting out in the sun in the summer.  However, they don't promote that.  The idea of the US is that being healthy comes from the flu shot (and all other vaccines).  God forbid we try to build our bodies up with natural supplements.  Studies have shown those deficient in D are prone to more respiratory illness and colds and flu.  I

 

This is why I give my son a Vitamin D3 supplement in the winter.  In the summer, he gets adequate doses from the sun.  I would much rather work on taking vitamins and eating a good diet than resort straight away to vaccination, especially for things such as the flu.  I believe in having a healthy base, inside out, rather than outside in to fight illness/disease.


Loving WAHM to my two little handsome DS's, '08 and '12, and loving wife to DH, '07love.gif

SilverMoon010 is offline  
#13 of 339 Old 04-22-2011, 02:52 PM
 
WildKingdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 684
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon010 View Post

 

 

 

 

This country completely slacks on promoting natural health.  Of course the vitamins you mention above in addition to Vitamin D.  We rarely ever hear about the importance of vitamins and a diet consisting of whole foods being advertised openly in fighting illness.  Why? Because no money is to be made from natural sources. We only see ads on TV and in magazines for drugs.  People who don't realize the importance of vitamins are certainly going to think vaccines are the only way to keep them "heathy." People should be better informed of the importance of diet and nutrients and the impact it has on health.
 

Take the flu for example.  Rather than spending time working on a flu shot for young children that is an assault to their system,  since they can never pinpoint the next strain anyway,  and since people usually wind up WITH the flu after the vaccine, they should be concentrating on getting the word out on taking Vitamin D supplements, eating the proper foods, and getting out in the sun in the summer.  However, they don't promote that.  The idea of the US is that being healthy comes from the flu shot (and all other vaccines).  God forbid we try to build our bodies up with natural supplements.  Studies have shown those deficient in D are prone to more respiratory illness and colds and flu.  I

 

This is why I give my son a Vitamin D3 supplement in the winter.  In the summer, he gets adequate doses from the sun.  I would much rather work on taking vitamins and eating a good diet than resort straight away to vaccination, especially for things such as the flu.  I believe in having a healthy base, inside out, rather than outside in to fight illness/disease.

 

Bolding mine.  No money to be made from natural sources?  This is an interesting assertion.  Americans spend $33.9 BILLION a year on complementary and alternative therapies, and $14.8 Billion of that is spent on herbs and supplements, not even including vitamins.

 

Not exactly chump change.
 

 

WildKingdom is offline  
#14 of 339 Old 04-22-2011, 03:20 PM
 
SilverMoon010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 729
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildKingdom View Post



 

Bolding mine.  No money to be made from natural sources?  This is an interesting assertion.  Americans spend $33.9 BILLION a year on complementary and alternative therapies, and $14.8 Billion of that is spent on herbs and supplements, not even including vitamins.

 

Not exactly chump change.
 

 

 

To be absolutely clear, I was saying there is no money to be made for the pharmaceutical companies by using natural remedies, since after all, we are on the topic of vaccines/drugs. I thought it was a given I was speaking about the drug companies and didn't realize I would need to reiterate.

 

Anyway, I'm glad to see people are spending money on alternative therapies.  That is a good thing and is certainly nothing to look down upon.  There would be a huge blow to the pharmaceutical companies if the word got out about vitamins and fighting illnesses.  If ads were continuously ran on TV for natural remedies to prevent illness and/or reduce complications, such as herbs, specific vitamins, etc, as much as they are for vaccines, you better believe the drug companies' stock would certainly drop!  


Loving WAHM to my two little handsome DS's, '08 and '12, and loving wife to DH, '07love.gif

SilverMoon010 is offline  
#15 of 339 Old 04-22-2011, 05:37 PM
 
WildKingdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 684
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon010 View Post

 

 

To be absolutely clear, I was saying there is no money to be made for the pharmaceutical companies by using natural remedies, since after all, we are on the topic of vaccines/drugs. I thought it was a given I was speaking about the drug companies and didn't realize I would need to reiterate.

 

Anyway, I'm glad to see people are spending money on alternative therapies.  That is a good thing and is certainly nothing to look down upon.  There would be a huge blow to the pharmaceutical companies if the word got out about vitamins and fighting illnesses.  If ads were continuously ran on TV for natural remedies to prevent illness and/or reduce complications, such as herbs, specific vitamins, etc, as much as they are for vaccines, you better believe the drug companies' stock would certainly drop!  

But what you're saying doesn't make any sense.  Of course there's money to be made by pharmaceutical companies by manufacturing "natural" remedies- 14.8 billion dollars of it.  They can manufacture and market vitamins and supplements just as well as anyone else can.  In fact, many of them already do.  http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,525643,00.html 

 

Even better, thanks to the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994, they can market supplements and vitamins without having to do any of that pesky R&D and FDA approval.


 

 

WildKingdom is offline  
#16 of 339 Old 04-22-2011, 06:29 PM
 
Jugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 476
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So, Big Supp was really Big Pharma all along...



 

 

Jugs is offline  
#17 of 339 Old 04-22-2011, 06:42 PM
 
PlayaMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,763
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jugs View Post

So, Big Supp was really Big Pharma all along...



oh my gosh! ROTFLMAO.gif

 

sorry i don't have much else to add to this thread, but i thought that was funny.


eh. who needs a signature?
PlayaMama is offline  
#18 of 339 Old 04-23-2011, 04:08 AM
 
WildKingdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 684
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Exactly!  And the conspiracy continues....ROTFLMAO.gif

WildKingdom is offline  
#19 of 339 Old 04-23-2011, 04:09 AM
 
SilverMoon010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 729
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayaMama View Post





oh my gosh! ROTFLMAO.gif

 

sorry i don't have much else to add to this thread, but i thought that was funny.


Yes, it's all so hilarious to have such a closed mind and have no idea what's going on in the country.  Not my problem.

 

Anyhow, I doubt any of you above will read the article, but that's okay...Just keeping getting your vaccines and antibiotics for every ailment (superbugs anyone?) and continue falling trap to every single thing you see on TV and read.  What do I care.  Oh, if you still haven't gotten my point, my point was they don't push vitamins! They push the vaccines. Do you ever hear them push Vitamin D for the flu??? NO! I still haven't heard (from the last three posts) anyone make a comment regarding vitamins and illnesses versus vaccination.  You can contribute any time you like, to the topic at hand, rather than focus on everything I say.  If you had anything good to say, you would have said it by now. JMO.

 

http://www.naturalnews.com/022586.html 

 

On that note, I'm out, so no need to respond.  I really need to speak to mature adults and I certainly can't find that here, at least on this thread anyway.wave.gif

 

 

ElizabethE likes this.

Loving WAHM to my two little handsome DS's, '08 and '12, and loving wife to DH, '07love.gif

SilverMoon010 is offline  
#20 of 339 Old 04-23-2011, 06:19 AM
 
WildKingdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 684
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon010 View Post

 



Yes, it's all so hilarious to have such a closed mind and have no idea what's going on in the country.  Not my problem.

 

Anyhow, I doubt any of you above will read the article, but that's okay...Just keeping getting your vaccines and antibiotics for every ailment (superbugs anyone?) and continue falling trap to every single thing you see on TV and read.  What do I care.  Oh, if you still haven't gotten my point, my point was they don't push vitamins! They push the vaccines. Do you ever hear them push Vitamin D for the flu??? NO! I still haven't heard (from the last three posts) anyone make a comment regarding vitamins and illnesses versus vaccination.  You can contribute any time you like, to the topic at hand.

 

http://www.naturalnews.com/022586.html 

 

On that note, I'm out, so no need to respond.  I really need to speak to mature adults and I certainly can't find that here, at least on this thread anyway.wave.gif

 

 

And to continue the hilarity, I think it is ludicrous that to prove your point that people are not pushing vitamins, you link to natural news and Mike Adams- one of the biggest hucksters out there.  It's hard to find the article amongst all the ads.

 

To address your point regarding vitamins versus vaccinations- it's not a case of pick one, and don't do the other. Some good preliminary evidence does exist that Vitamin D has anti-viral action.  Human studies have not been completed yet, but there is good in-vitro evidence. 

 

So, this might BLOW YOUR MIND- but as an allopathic doctor I actually check vitamin D levels on my patients.  I recommend supplementation to get to a good level, especially in the winter.  I also recommend the flu shot.  So, where do I fit into your schema?  Am I in the thrall of Big Pharma, since I'm an allopathic doctor?  Am I a rebel because I prescribe vitamin D supplements?  Is the AMA out to get me because of that?

 

Or maybe, just maybe, the practice and art of medicine is not as black and white as you are making it out to be.  Maybe doctors actually do educate themselves on the latest research out there and change their behavior and prescribing practice accordingly.  Maybe we don't stop learning in med school- maybe we keep learning- from CME and our patients. 

 

Hope this was mature enough for you to read.

 

 

CherryBomb and bluebackpacks like this.
WildKingdom is offline  
#21 of 339 Old 04-23-2011, 06:21 AM
 
Jugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 476
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Is a little light-hearted humor unwelcome here?

 

Silvermoon, the point that was being made is that buying supplements is buying pharmaceutical products. They may not be vaccines, but they are produced by the same industry. I feel like you are assuming that all vaxers are getting every vaccine and not using any natural methods, as if the two are mutually exclusive shake.gif . The government may not be promoting specific vitamins, but they are promoting eating a well-balanced diet to ensure adequate nutrition and vitamin intake, as a healthy body is more resistant to disease. I'm not sure what you mean by "no one" promoting supplements; I see advertisements for individual vitamins, fish oils, immunity-boosters, etc on TV and in magazines all the time. They have generic statements like "promotes cardiovascular health" or "supports the immune system" because they cannot advertise their products as preventing or alleviating illness without FDA approval to do so; they are regulated as dietary supplements, not drugs. And FWIW, the FDA has extensive information on the benefits of dietary supplements, and NIH has entire CAM division, devoted exclusively to herbal remedies and supplements.



 

 

Jugs is offline  
#22 of 339 Old 04-23-2011, 06:41 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,028
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hmm am I the only one who doesn't particularly care what the government "promotes" or doesn't "promote"??

I am a grownup, the government tends to be the last place I look for suggestions on how  to live my life. I can read, so I do just that...

 

IMO a lot of "supplements" are BS, I think a lot of vaccines are pointless, I think it is pretty silly if someone really believes that pharmaceutical companies who make vaccines don't have their hands in "supplement" productions, there is so much money there. I find myself inundated with ads etc for this or that vitamin...look how well the fish oil supplement is doing...5 years ago nobody really knew about that and now everyone seems to be taking them...Big pharma is Big supplement... is there really an argument over that or am I being stupid and missing some larger point here?

Ldavis24 is offline  
#23 of 339 Old 04-23-2011, 08:52 AM
 
Chamomile Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: West of the Sierras East of the Sea
Posts: 2,860
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The main difference here is that most supplements cannot be patented (although attempts have been made with turmeric for example). So they will never be the cash cow that vaccines or medications like viagra are, and are thus of less interest to Big Pharma.

The thing that disturbs me about vitamin supplements is that they are often used by well meaning people as a panacea. Because they are "natural". But they actually are not for the most part. A laboratory manufactured nutrient (say Vit C) made in China with little oversight (as most vitamins are) is no better for you than laboratory manufactured anything else IMO. That is not to say that nutrition does not matter..it is central to health. But it is access to good healthy food that is going to make the biggest difference.

Herbs on the other hand can be very helpful. But the less processed the better...they are basically food. But again, I hate the whole "superfood" label because I would rather not look at my food through the lens of a drug, thank you.

Anyhoo...Hopefully I will have time to come back to comment on some of the other issues here...
Chamomile Girl is offline  
#24 of 339 Old 04-23-2011, 12:23 PM
JMJ
 
JMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,301
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I think that the issue is the research.  If "Big Pharma" does a study that shows that the drug they developed is effective in treating something, because they have a patent on that drug, they are the only ones who can sell that drug for many years.  If they do a study on how Vitamin D works just as well as their flu shot, they don't have as much to gain for it because anybody can make a Vitamin D supplement, so the profits for Vitamin D supplements will be shared amongst many companies, not just the company that sponsored the study.

 

It's not that there is no money in selling Vitamins.  It's that there's not as much money going to all one place to pay off the research.  For this reason, it's hard to get a lot of good quality, scientific, double-blind, large sample size, peer-reviewed studies published in major journals showing the positive effects of taking xyz supplement.  There have been some high-profile studies on Vitamin D recently that have gotten a lot of press and caused changes in major medical associations' recommendations concerning Vitamin D, but this has not been the case with a lot of other nutrients.

 

I think that it is important to remember, both for vaccines and supplements, that just because the large, controlled scientific studies are not out there to show their benefits/risks does not mean that it is or is not worth it.  It's very difficult for us as parents sometimes, to dig through extravagant claims, shoddy research, anecdotal evidence, and naysayers in order to attempt to find truth.

JMJ is offline  
#25 of 339 Old 04-24-2011, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter
 
Calm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Illusion
Posts: 3,146
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've been coming to MDC for many years.  I've interacted in intimate ways with a ton of members here (in the past), some I've met and I had to travel 10 thousand miles to do so.  I'm not some fly in spammer.  I don't sell anything.  But I have had a life altering experience with MMS.   Two of my friends also traveled with Jim to Haiti and Africa because they simply couldn't believe it and wanted to see it with their own eyes.  This isn't some distant internet theory to me.  I do find it difficult to stay quiet, you would too if all this happened to you.  

 

And no, the doctors didn't give a shizer what their AIDS patients said about MMS.  In fact, one of them never went back to their doctor, the other two found the doctors just wanted to give them more drugs "just in case", even though they told them the drugs made them sick to begin with.  The doctors don't care.  The media doesn't care.  No one cares but the mothers of those children who are being saved, right now, while we sit here and debate if those mothers even exist.  

 

It would make me laugh if it wasn't so friggin' tragic.  

 

I can't respond on this topic further here, I'll take the issue to the thread but right now I have to get breakky for the kids. 


Hunger is political.  Wherever there is widespread hunger, it is because people with guns are preventing other people from bringing in food.  
Calm is offline  
#26 of 339 Old 04-24-2011, 04:44 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,028
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calm View Post

I've been coming to MDC for many years.  I've interacted in intimate ways with a ton of members here (in the past), some I've met and I had to travel 10 thousand miles to do so.  I'm not some fly in spammer.  I don't sell anything.  But I have had a life altering experience with MMS.   Two of my friends also traveled with Jim to Haiti and Africa because they simply couldn't believe it and wanted to see it with their own eyes.  This isn't some distant internet theory to me.  I do find it difficult to stay quiet, you would too if all this happened to you.  

 

And no, the doctors didn't give a shizer that MMS cured their patients of AIDS.  In fact, one of them never went back to their doctor, the other two found the doctors just wanted to give them more drugs "just in case", even though they told them the drugs made them sick to begin with.  The doctors don't care.  The media doesn't care.  No one cares but the mothers of those children who are being saved, right now, while we sit here and debate if those mothers even exist.  

 

It would make me laugh if it wasn't so friggin' tragic.  

 

I can't respond on this topic further here, I'll take the issue to the thread but right now I have to get breakky for the kids. 

oh please...if you ever actually open this thread instead of randomly blurting out how your "cure" has saved thousands and thousands of people, I will happily jump into the discussion but since that thread appears to never actually occur why don't you stop schilling for that product on other people's threads. You have enough time to post the same thing over and over again on other vax threads but never the time to open a thread specifically about MMS so apologies if I take your claims even less seriously than I had  before.
 

 

Ldavis24 is offline  
#27 of 339 Old 04-24-2011, 05:21 PM
 
WildKingdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 684
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calm View Post

I've been coming to MDC for many years.  I've interacted in intimate ways with a ton of members here (in the past), some I've met and I had to travel 10 thousand miles to do so.  I'm not some fly in spammer.  I don't sell anything.  But I have had a life altering experience with MMS.   Two of my friends also traveled with Jim to Haiti and Africa because they simply couldn't believe it and wanted to see it with their own eyes.  This isn't some distant internet theory to me.  I do find it difficult to stay quiet, you would too if all this happened to you.  

 

And no, the doctors didn't give a shizer that MMS cured their patients of AIDS.  In fact, one of them never went back to their doctor, the other two found the doctors just wanted to give them more drugs "just in case", even though they told them the drugs made them sick to begin with.  The doctors don't care.  The media doesn't care.  No one cares but the mothers of those children who are being saved, right now, while we sit here and debate if those mothers even exist.  

 

It would make me laugh if it wasn't so friggin' tragic.  

 

I can't respond on this topic further here, I'll take the issue to the thread but right now I have to get breakky for the kids. 

Whatever. WHATEVER. If one of my AIDS patients was cured I'd be crying with joy. I'd be calling the media and writing it up in journals. For you to say that doctors don't care- well you can you know what yourself. How DARE you say that doctors don't care about seeing their patients cured. How DARE you. I just have no words.
WildKingdom is offline  
#28 of 339 Old 04-24-2011, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter
 
Calm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Illusion
Posts: 3,146
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by WildKingdom View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by Calm View Post

I've been coming to MDC for many years.  I've interacted in intimate ways with a ton of members here (in the past), some I've met and I had to travel 10 thousand miles to do so.  I'm not some fly in spammer.  I don't sell anything.  But I have had a life altering experience with MMS.   Two of my friends also traveled with Jim to Haiti and Africa because they simply couldn't believe it and wanted to see it with their own eyes.  This isn't some distant internet theory to me.  I do find it difficult to stay quiet, you would too if all this happened to you.  

 

And no, the doctors didn't give a shizer that MMS cured their patients of AIDS.  In fact, one of them never went back to their doctor, the other two found the doctors just wanted to give them more drugs "just in case", even though they told them the drugs made them sick to begin with.  The doctors don't care.  The media doesn't care.  No one cares but the mothers of those children who are being saved, right now, while we sit here and debate if those mothers even exist.  

 

It would make me laugh if it wasn't so friggin' tragic.  

 

I can't respond on this topic further here, I'll take the issue to the thread but right now I have to get breakky for the kids. 



Whatever. WHATEVER. If one of my AIDS patients was cured I'd be crying with joy. I'd be calling the media and writing it up in journals. For you to say that doctors don't care- well you can you know what yourself. How DARE you say that doctors don't care about seeing their patients cured. How DARE you. I just have no words.

What would YOU do if a patient came to you and said they took MMS and it cured them?  What would you say?  Because no doctor has yet alerted the media or suggested it to their other patients, and there have been many, many doctors presented with the results of MMS.  If you are the exception to the rule, I'm glad to know you and would love to work with you on this.  There are many HIV positives on my list who are looking for a doctor with a mind open enough to support them with the use of MMS.

 

 

 

Quote:
 
oh please...if you ever actually open this thread instead of randomly blurting out how your "cure" has saved thousands and thousands of people, I will happily jump into the discussion but since that thread appears to never actually occur why don't you stop schilling for that product on other people's threads. You have enough time to post the same thing over and over again on other vax threads but never the time to open a thread specifically about MMS so apologies if I take your claims even less seriously than I had  before.
 

It is not my cure.  An oxidiser rips electrons from pathogens... I don't do a thing, nor did I discover it.  A man with HIV contacted me 3 years ago as I had a rep for helping people with herbs and diet.  He told me about MMS, said it helped him get off meds.  Thought I could use the info.  That man is the reason the chain reaction began for me.  Several HIV positives decided to give it a go, but it was the three who were highly symptomatic and/or dying that were of most interest to me.  They are not claiming anything miraculous.  It was fascinating, and then their blood work altered.  I wrote some things down.  And that was that.  Nothing startling, standard chemistry with an oxidiser... I've just never seen it happen so consistently or so fast before.  I do not sell it.  It can be made for 2 cents in your bathtub with salt.  It is sold for 20 bucks online for a year's supply.  I assure you, no one is getting rich off this stuff.  So, I guess I'm not motivated by greed, I look forward to learning what other motivations I have.

 

I don't know where your hostility is coming from, I've been fairly respectful in my discussions.  I have mentioned it on here on two threads.  TWO.  I've mentioned it when it was relevant - and eradication of disease to me makes it relevant.  A moderator suggested I start a thread as it seemed a topic of interest.  Initially, I was concerned due to reactions like yours.  I've shied away due to past experience it can get rather nasty, regardless how "calm" I remain.  I am not thick skinned, and these discussions are hard on me.  I have been answering questions about vax directed at me which add up to all my alloted online time, and really, this thread was a spin off I recognise largely due to me, so I wanted to give it some due consideration.  I haven't the time to extend myself too far.  I also stated clearly I was going away this weekend.  Frankly, wth is your problem?  Can you back off and give a gal a chance?  There is no conspiracy to not start a thread, whatever that means.  I will start one.  I needed to know I would have what it will take, and I'm still not sure I do... I know for some reason this topic brings up anger, and people cannot help but direct that anger at me, and not all of us have taken our zen pills yet... perhaps we should share some.  Seems like you could use some perspective and compassion yourself.

 


Hunger is political.  Wherever there is widespread hunger, it is because people with guns are preventing other people from bringing in food.  
Calm is offline  
#29 of 339 Old 04-24-2011, 05:54 PM
 
WildKingdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 684
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What would I do if a patient came to me and told me they'd been cured by mms? I'd check their cd4 and viral load. If their lab work confirmed everything, I'd write it up as a case study and submit it for publication. Then I'd work with some of the research ID specialists I know about getting a grant to start a study. I sure as hell wouldn't write it off.
SeattleRain likes this.
WildKingdom is offline  
#30 of 339 Old 04-24-2011, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter
 
Calm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Illusion
Posts: 3,146
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

JMJ, as you can see, I'm in a quandary now.  I want to discuss more here, but I can't do that and an MMS thread, lest it seem I am avoiding making one or something.  Perhaps in future I'll come back, as I was interested in some things brought up about vitamins and so on.  Thanks for hosting.  *tips hat*


Hunger is political.  Wherever there is widespread hunger, it is because people with guns are preventing other people from bringing in food.  
Calm is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off