Migraine sufferer - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-15-2002, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am a migraine sufferer. I use little drugs, eat vegetarian, do mostly all natural stuff, but can't kick these migraines. I use any meds that will work. Excedrin migaraine, Imitrex, Vicodin. I have had them since I was 7yrs, I had a fall on my head which resulted in a gooses egg. I have tried cranial sacral therapy., naturopathy, alot of things. Food elimation. But I get so many different kinds of headaches. I have tried hot showers, relaxation. i get a lot more headached while I am pregnant and postpartum. My youngest is & mos and I am getting them about 3 times a week.

I would love to hear fro.m amigraine sufferes who have any ideas ion things that work
#2 of 5 Old 05-15-2002, 09:11 PM

I don't really have much help to offer, I am also a migraine sufferer. (I was up with one most of last night) One thing that works forme has been figuring out the feeling of a migraine coming on and taking some OTC migrain meds rihgt away. It doesn't completely knock out all of my symptoms, but I can usually live with it. I also wanted to mention that migraines can be tied to your hormones, which may be why you are having more while pregnant and nursing. Mine began when I was nursing my oldest and he started sleeping long periods at night. They stopped after he weaned (I was getting them before every menstrual period), and didn't start again until I hit the same place with my daughter. Now that she is weaned the frequency has gone way down again as well.
#3 of 5 Old 05-15-2002, 10:12 PM

Hi
I am not a true migrane sufferer, but have treated people who have had them. You may want to try a technique called Bowen technique. It is different from many other types of healing modalities. If you would like to find out more about it, or find a therapist in your area you can look on Bowtech.com. (I don't know how to add a link to my posting)
Hope this helps!
#4 of 5 Old 05-16-2002, 03:18 AM

My husband did alot of research on migraines. He was on a cocktail of 5 meds at one point, still in pain and i found him passed out on the floor after they started him on #5. I immediately flushed the drugs <we are natropaths as well> and told him to smoke a doobie. Two hits and 2 months later he was sans migraine/headache.. a first in a decade. Then we did research on magnesium. Mag. Deff. is linked to many neurological problems. Recommended dose would be 1200 mgs a day for a week to boost your stores.. then down to 400 mg a day <the RDA> Go in google and do some research.. it worked wonders for us and some friends i convinced to try the homeopathic way!
#5 of 5 Old 05-17-2002, 05:25 PM

My son who is 6 has suffered from cyclical vomiting migranes (where you puke until it is gone...pretty awful).

Chiropractic adjustments have worked wonders for him. He had one adjustment over 6 months ago and no migranes in that time. They came back and we stared chiro again, and it has helped again.

Check into this...

Heartmama

Mother is the word for God on the hearts and lips of all little children--William Makepeace Thackeray

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page