breast skin after ext. breastfeeding and weight loss / cancer concern? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-23-2011, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hi ladies! 

I have a question.  I finished nursing my second about 5-6 mo ago we nursed for 2.5 years.  I was a size C/D before kids and became HUGE to a F while nursing and due to weight gain.  In the last couple of years I have lost almost 50 lbs due to excercise and eating balanced and now I am left with way way smaller breasts which is fine by me.  Yes they are saggy and have stretchmarks.  Yesteday though I noticed that when I raise my arms to do a self exam I have areas of dimpling (almost like cellulite).  No other symptoms.  I googled and of course dimpling on breasts shows up as breast cancer.  I have my well woman scheduled for June 6th so I will be sure to bring it up with my OBGYN.   I am thinking that these skin issues are related to the weight loss most likely and the toll of the pregnncies and nursing.  I do have stretchmarks some of them deep around that area and the skin is saggy around there.  These issues are in both breasts but more so in my right which is my smaller breasts.  I do not feel any lumps or anything other than a ton of fibrous tissue which I am not surprised as I am about to start my period.  They just look really sad when I raise my arms.  They look normal albeit a bit saggy without raising the arms.

Have any of you dealt with something similar?  I was alarmed at first but the more I think about it the more I think that it has to be due to the changes after breastfeeding and the weight loss.  I literally have had them melting away for months now. 

#2 of 3 Old 05-29-2011, 06:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I don't have an answer for you, and I'm glad you have a checkup scheduled so you can at least get peace of mind relatively soon! It does make logical sense to me, though, that dimpling could result from significant weight loss. My experience is that when the subject is cancer, nearly any symptom that could be cancer can also be something totally inconsequential. My fingers are crossed that it's the latter for you!
#3 of 3 Old 05-30-2011, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thank you - I think it really is related to the weightloss since it is occurring in both breasts although more pronounced in one.  I have give them a beating that is for sure and the skin in other areas (my tummy) also looks sad so I am assuming that is what it is.  I go for my annual next week so I will be sure to stress to my OB to feel it all up really good and if in question I will go for a mammo/sono.  

I guess that is the ugly side of weightloss sometimes things looks worse before they look better ;)  Went from busting out of a 14 to a 4-6 and my breasts have probably gone down to half the size.  Crazy what the body can do!  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page