Green smoothies idea to boost immune system and support body through medical treatment - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-28-2011, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sorry if this is in the wrong place. Since it's about supporting my body through a medical treatment, I thought it should go here. Sorry if it should have gone in the nutrition section.

I'm getting ready to start treatment for melanoma. I want to support my body through it with the healthiest green smoothies possible. I have a blendtec blender so, I'll be blending the whole fruit or veggie. ideas on what I can pack into a smoothies?

So far I've been doing:
Ginger
Yogurt / kefir
Kale
Spinach
Matcha green tea powder
A carrot
2 dates
Frozen berries
1/4 frozen banana
Black seeds
Hemp oil
2 brazil nuts

Any thoughts on things I should add? Take away? Any thoughts are appreciated!
#2 of 6 Old 05-29-2011, 06:36 AM

I have a green smoothie every day and LOVE them. Everything you are putting in sounds great. I put in Maca (not every day and only a little)  Hemp seed and chia. Lots of good stuff in those. Also, coconut water, very good too.

Wishing you well.

Lisa: Homeschooling Mum of ds, 8 and dd, 6
#3 of 6 Old 05-29-2011, 07:53 AM

I just read an article on Dr. Mercola's website about cancer-fighting veggies that he suggest for juicing. It sounds like celery & parsley are excellent choices.

Also, I want to pass on a link to some info about LDN in case you haven't heard of it. I came across it on Weston Price's website. LDN & Cancer  I know several ppl who have had amazing results with it.

Be well! thumb.gif

#4 of 6 Old 05-29-2011, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much! Adding celery and parsley. That LDN is so interesting! I'm working with an amazing doctor at the Integrative Medicine Clinic at the U of A. I'm going to talk to him about it. Thank you so much for the information!
#5 of 6 Old 06-01-2011, 04:26 PM

If you go to Kris Carr's website (community section) you'll find lots of info about green juicing (you'll get more nutritional value through juicing vs. smoothies b/c you won't be able to drink nearly as many veggies from smoothies as you will via juicing.  Her recipe is here.

Kale/chard/spinach (any combo), parsley, cucumber, ginger, lime, and maybe a small amount of green apple make a great tasing green juice, and you could still do the green tea powder as an add-in, and eat the hemp oil at a different time of the day as salad dressing, etc.  There are endless veggies combinations of course...just keep trying what's available & find a combo you like.

You may want to stay away from the high glycemic fruits and veggies during cancer treatment - lots of info on google on that.

#6 of 6 Old 06-05-2011, 06:53 PM

How about adding wheatgrass?  I've been reading about how powerful it is in the body.  http://www.drwheatgrass.com/info/newsletters/march_08

also some coconut oil would be good too.

flax seed too.

aloe vera juice can reduce nausea and heal the stomach linings.

I would use a variety of healing superfoods, including goji, coconut oil, berries of all kinds, spinach, any greens, sprouts, and living foods of all kinds. 

Living Simply and Enjoying Life

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page