Found a tick on ds, questions about Ledum dosage - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-29-2011, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I found a tick on my 3 year old ds on Friday evening.  He is currently being treated for gut dysbiosis and food allergies/sensitivities so using antibioitics is out of the question at this time unless it is for life saving purposes of course.  The tick was attached but not engorged.  I pulled it out gently by the head and got the entire thing out in one pull.  It could not have been on longer than 4 hours.  I gave him extra clay that night and upped his probiotic the next day (mostly because I did not know what else to do and needed to increase both of these anyway for gut healing).  I could not get in touch with his doctor as she is out on mat leave and the office is closed for the long holiday weekend.  However, a friend of mine uses a homeopath and she gave me her cell phone number.  She was very gracious on the phone and told me to give him 3 doses of Ledum and that 1M dose would be best.  All I could get was 30c so she said to go with that.  I am going to take him in on wednesday for a lyme nosode.  Not sure entirely what this is though what I read online says that it is somewhat like a vaccine but not really.  I am just delving into homeopathy so I have a lot to learn!  I am concerned that maybe I should give him more than 3 doses of the Ledum since it is the lower dose.  Also, he chews the pellets.  I am concerned that this might decrease the effectiveness. 

I realize that since the tick was not engorged and I got the whole thing out in one pull and it was only there for 4 hours or less all lessen the likelihood of transmission.   However, with everything else he has gone through I just can not take any chances.  Already, he may have been exposed to Lyme when he was younger because I had (and treated) acute lyme while he was breastfeeding.  His Igenex blood tests were inconclusive about a year ago and since he was not symptomatic we chose not to treat the lyme and focus on his gut instead.   His gut issues and food sensitvities predated the lyme exposure through me.  anyway, I digress... anybody give me info the the Ledum dosage and if it is ok to chew it or not?  Should I dissolve in water next time and squirt it in instead?  can you explain in very simple terms what is a lyme nosode?  thanks

jen

jen mommy to dd1 (11y), dd2 (6y) and ds (3y)
#2 of 4 Old 05-30-2011, 04:52 PM

unless he has lyme (in which case you want the 1m) I use it like this:

30c every half hour as soon as you find the tick for 6 doses.

2 more doses that day (maybe afternoon and evening but I do not interrupt sleep to dose)

then 3 doses a day for 3 days (morning, noon and night.)

I also do a clay poultice on the site of the bite.

It's fine to chew.

Ledum is a homeopathic remedy that helps prevent things that enter the body via puncture wound from spreading through the blood.  It has many applications, but is very effective when used properly for prophylactic treatment of lyme.  It's made from wild rosemary.  A nosode is a remedy that is actually made from B Burgdorferi.  Harder to get, different application.

#3 of 4 Old 06-01-2011, 05:21 AM

Great info PB!
#4 of 4 Old 06-01-2011, 05:50 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks pb. Very useful for many. I have had 3 friends whose kids have gotten bitten this year already also. Looks to be an active year. Ds will see the homeopath for a full consult on thurs and will get the lyme nosode that day.

jen mommy to dd1 (11y), dd2 (6y) and ds (3y)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page