Cell phone radiation & baby (reading while rocking) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-02-2011, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So since having my little one (now 2), I've read kindle books on my phone while rocking her and nursing her. It never occured to me that it could be exposing her to radiation.

Should I be worried?? Stop reading while nursing?
#2 of 6 Old 06-08-2011, 02:13 PM

I would and do try to keep cell-phone exposure to a minimum.  If my kids use it at all, its for one minute on speaker, which doesn't happen often.  I don't leave it next to them anywhere while it is on.  I'm not sure how constant your connection is or if you're using cell-tower signals or 3G, which I think are different, but it seems prudent to avoid exposure wherever you can.  I admit to being ultra-skeptical though.  I also turn off my wi-fi at night and whenever I'm not using it.  I believe that the cancers appearing all over the industrialized world are due to toxic overload and that that electromagnetic pollution is a large part of that.  

#3 of 6 Old 09-13-2011, 10:15 AM

I would not use a cell phone next to a baby, especially one of those that accesses the internet.  I wonder if scalar resonance from earthcalm works.  It is funny how cavalier people are about radiation from cells etc.  I think people just aren't willing to give up the connection.  The news I just heard about giving Ipads to kindergarteners in public school made me cringe. 

#4 of 6 Old 09-16-2011, 10:17 AM

I actually ditched my smart phone for the phone with the lowest radiation my provider had. My child just keeps finding ways to get ahold of my phone and loves the thing.

#5 of 6 Old 09-16-2011, 09:39 PM

Location: A state whose Medicaid does not cover circumcision! :)

I wouldnt have my cell near my baby either if at all possible.  Look on ewg.org to find out how much radiation your phone produces.

#6 of 6 Old 01-31-2012, 07:16 AM

I think it is best to not use any device around children that emit radiation.  Ever since the WHO came out with their study on the potential harms of cell phone radiation, I have been very cautious about limiting my exposure.  I actually bought a case that redirects the radiation from the user, and unlike the patches I tried, it doesn't hurt the phone signal.  I also try to limit my time on the phone just in case.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page