Chicken Pox - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-10-2011, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My 4 year old has the chicken pox. It has been HORRIBLE!!!! She was exposed from my husbands shingles. I had chosen to not vaccinate for this childhood disease. She is in so much pain, & sleep less nights. Dr. Sears site said 250 spots, perhaps maybe 2500 spots (ok not that many but she is covered!) She cries out in pain, rubs her body in her sleep. I feel so bad. I actually wish I had vaccinated her! So to help, we are doing advil, bendaryl around the clock. Vit E infused with tea tree oil & lavender, alternated with calamine, & aloe with lidocaine. Baths with oatmeal, and baking soda which is a fight because the water looks dirty! But after 30 mins we can see the spots calm down, but they just flare up again. I am tired, I am exhausted. It is the anniversary of the death of my 3rd child so emotionally I am drained! I feel like a horrible Mom, because I do believe I could have avoided this. (My 2 teenagers had the vaccines, and they never suffered like this with the shot & are symptom free!) I just needed to get this out.

ps do not debate my doubt to vaccinate. that was not the point. It was part of the mommy guilt I am feeling! You choose what is best for your kid.

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2011, 11:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I would give her something to support her internally, like lemon balm tea, and I have heard that elderberry syrup is good for this too. Anthing to help the body battle viruses and support the immune system. Good luck. Have you tried putting the stuff in the bath after she gets in? Or filling a cup and letting her "play" with it until it disperses? Something to distract her hopefully. Hang in there and know that altough she is suffering, she is building her immune system, rather than having it artificially supported but vaccines.

wife to dh the love of my life, and mommy to ds 3/10 . I get to spend everyday with my hero and my miracle.

User Tag List