Master Cleanse? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-23-2011, 04:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I did a search and cannot find any recent threads on the Master Cleanse, and I wanted to get opinions/thoughts on this or follow up from some of the people who have done it. I'd like to do this for at least a couple days but am worried about nausea and being tied to a bathroom for that time. I think I can handle the not eating part (no coffee will be hard, though!), but I am worried about feeling sick.

Experiences? Positive and negative? Thnx!

HoneyFern

The Blog

Never let your schooling interfere with your education. ~Mark Twain~

#2 of 4 Old 07-31-2011, 07:05 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone? I'd like to know others' experiences also.

#3 of 4 Old 08-03-2011, 07:52 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

You can't do it for just a couple of days, though I'm sure lots of people do.  It's a 10 day cleansing fast, but you have to wind down your digestion for a few days before the juice part and then slowly work it back up for a week after.  Plan for about 3 weeks of effort.

I do it a few times a year and feel great.  The hunger is zero by day 3, sooner if I wind down properly.  I have no pains or complaints.  I feel great and have tons of energy.

The only variation I allow is that I drink senna in the AM and do the SWF in the PM.  Otherwise, I do it spot on.

Bring back the old MDC
#4 of 4 Old 08-08-2011, 08:18 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

You need to do it for at least 5 days, according to my acupuncturist, but the full 10 days is definitely preferable. He recommended that I start with 5 days as the goal b/c it seemed less daunting, and that by day 3 I'd be fine. I was going through a lot when I tried it, so I only made the 5 days, but I think I could do the whole 10 now. He also said it can't hurt to do 5 days (or longer, as much as you can) the first time and then if you can't do the whole 10 days, try again in 6 weeks.

What really helps is doing the salt water "cleanse" the day before so your system gets cleaned out as much as possible. It's gross, but if you do it at the beginning, you're only tied to the bathroom the first day and then after that, you'll still need to pee a lot but at least it won't be gross.

Also, if you're feeling hungry, you're not drinking enough. That was my problem with it -- don't go by whatever amounts the program says. If you're hungry, drink more lemonade!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page