3 yr old's rash but no fever - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-25-2011, 06:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My DD has had a rash for 3 days but no fever or other symptoms except a little tiredness. Her cheeks are the worst and the rest of her body - arms and legs mainly- only have a faint rash. It gets faint when she's inside but getting hot makes it get darker. It's not prickly like heat rash though. It's pretty flat and not itchy. No blisters. Any ideas of what this could be??
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2011, 09:13 AM

Is the rash itchy?  Has she been wearing sunscreen while she's outdoors?   If I wear certain kinds of sunscreens I break out into a rash similar to what you described.  It has something to do with the skin's reaction to the sunscreen + sun. 

Pregnant and/or Breastfeeding since 2005
Mama to two girls: 5/06 and 3/09
Old 06-25-2011, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter

Hmm... That's a good thought. I don't know if her nanny has been using sunscreen on her this week but I will definitely ask. Thanks!
Old 06-25-2011, 12:43 PM

My 2 year old son has something similar. He has red dots on his tummy, chest, back, upper arms and diaper area.  His cheeks are also a little red. I took him to the doctor and she said it's a virus.  She said he probably had a fever but I never noticed it because his body handled it on his own and the rash came once the fever broke.  She said it's going to take about a week for the rash to go away.

Old 06-25-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryamb View Post

My 2 year old son has something similar. He has red dots on his tummy, chest, back, upper arms and diaper area.  His cheeks are also a little red. I took him to the doctor and she said it's a virus.  She said he probably had a fever but I never noticed it because his body handled it on his own and the rash came once the fever broke.  She said it's going to take about a week for the rash to go away.

I thought of you when I was responding to this post! They sounded so similar :)

While the OP's daughter might have roseola one thing stands out to me as different.  OP's daughter has the rash on her cheeks, arms and legs (main sunscreen areas) and your ds has the rash on under-clothes areas.  Also, her daughter's rash gets worse outside.  That's what led me to think that they might be different rashes.

OP, I have found that avoiding sunscreens with octisalate, octocrylene, and  oxybenzone has kept me from breaking out in my rashes.

Pregnant and/or Breastfeeding since 2005
Mama to two girls: 5/06 and 3/09

User Tag List