2yo not peeing enough - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-10-2011, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DD turned 2 in may.  For the past month or so she has only been peeing moderate amounts 3-4 times in 24 hours (usually only 3x).  I'm pregnant and I've noticed a decrease in supply a few weeks ago, and she's definitely increased her food and water intake since then.  She is partially potty trained (we did EC and she has been able to hold it all night since she was 8 weeks old!).  She pees when she first wakes up, and then usually not until after her nap (sometimes once in between though), and then again before bed.  Its yellow urine (more dark first thing in the am) and I try offering her more water and leave water sitting around all day, but she refuses to drink most of the time.  She won't drink milk and only sometimes will drink juice.  And she freaks out if I try to take her potty more frequently... the only way I can get her to pee more often is to put her in the bathtub with the water on.  Should I take her to the doc?  She acts fine, plenty of energy, no change in mood, doesn't act like she's in pain, no fever.....

Edit: I just weighed one of her wet diapers and it was about 56g of pee... she hadn't gone in 8 hours  

#2 of 3 Old 07-13-2011, 05:55 PM

My two year old is only a 3x a day peer - she drinks when she's thirsty and calls me when she pees in the potty so i know she is.  We joke she is part camel.

#3 of 3 Old 07-19-2011, 12:18 AM

Location: A state whose Medicaid does not cover circumcision! :)

I guess I would try offering more water, maybe flavoring it with some squeezed lemon or orange juice?  I dont know if you should take her to the doc, but if this is worrying you than maybe you should to ease your mind or get more advice?  Also you could try getting a special cup that she likes a lot, that could encourage her to drink.  My family is always making fun of me because I ALWAYS have a cup of water for DD and I am constantly offering it to her.  http://www.amazon.com/Thermos-Phases-Stainless-Bottle-Purple/dp/B002UJGK1C/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1311059748&sr=8-3   This is what I have, and I just grab it and put the straw up to her mouth and usually she takes a drink.  I am hoping to get her in the habit of drinking a lot of water.  Her pee is never very yellow.  And with this container I dont have to constantly change the water because it gets warm or tastes like plastic:)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page