Using breastmilk for an earache - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-24-2011, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I have an earache for the fiirst time in ages(maybe ever?)...I am nursing and I just put breastmilk in my ear with a syringe. lol I held it in there for about 30 seconds, then let it fall out. Still have an earache.upsidedown.gif Has anyone done this with success? Maybe I didn't leave it in long enough? Is there something else I can do to naturally get rid of it?

TIA!

treehugger.gif Mia, married to my superhero.gif since 2006, mama to bikenew.gif D (5/06) and dust.gifM (8/09).
namaste.gifgrouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifgd.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 08-03-2011, 12:06 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Keep it in way longer. Lie down with it in. Also try a a garlic sliver, garlic oil, onion juice and regular warm oil. Pulling the outer ear can help it get deeper which helps me. Also lay on a warm wet towel:heating pad when not doing the oil/breastmilk treatment.

Ease exhaust any typos, set from my itouch.

Birth Attendant. Placenta Encapsulator. Reiki Practitioner. Vegan. Aspiring Midwife. Breastfeeding Educator Student. Two years of trying for our love child.
#3 of 3 Old 08-03-2011, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Omigosh, garlic oil, and onion!!! I totally forgot that I knew about both of those. Darn mommy brain! wink1.gif It actually ended up moving to a spot in my head that felt like a pinched nerve for a couple of days, then turned into a regular headache for a day, then went away. Really weird!! My only guess is that it was stress-related. Thanks for the advice, will definitely keep that in mind for next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesperia View Post

Keep it in way longer. Lie down with it in. Also try a a garlic sliver, garlic oil, onion juice and regular warm oil. Pulling the outer ear can help it get deeper which helps me. Also lay on a warm wet towel:heating pad when not doing the oil/breastmilk treatment.

Ease exhaust any typos, set from my itouch.

treehugger.gif Mia, married to my superhero.gif since 2006, mama to bikenew.gif D (5/06) and dust.gifM (8/09).
namaste.gifgrouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifgd.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page