Vaginal prolapse.. 2 years post partum? warning: TMI - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-13-2011, 10:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I've been worried about my lady parts for awhile now... For a few months after I gave birth to DS, I felt heaviness in my vagina a lot--especially after intercourse.  I don't feel that anymore unless I've been constipated.  I don't do kegels usually because I don't really believe in them, though I've been doing them the past couple days in a panic because I finally took a mirror to the undercarriage.  There's something soft hanging out of my vagina--doesn't protrude much, and not at all when I'm in a normal standing position, but when I lift up my leg I can see it.  I remember right after I delivered my son that it was there--but it was a little purple thing, almost looked like part of the surface of my vaginal wall tore and was just hanging out to say hi.  Now it's pink and healthy looking, but I don't want it hanging out.  It needs to go back home!

So anyway, I'm almost positive it's a mild prolapse, but I don't know how to fix it.  I went to www.wholewoman.com, but I'm having a hard time navigating the site and finding help.  I could use some positive stories on cures and how to go about it...  I'm totally freaked out by this and terrified to have another baby and make it worse...

#2 of 2 Old 08-16-2011, 02:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Weird you haven't had another response to this!  But you should definitely post this in the postpartum thread (I think, unless things have changed) That they have a forum all about prolapse.

hug.gif

always celebrating guitar.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page