What illness or deficiency would cause *severe* muscle fatigue? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 7 Old 09-11-2011, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've had the is problem for a while, but for some reason it's getting worse to the point that I am very concerned that something major is going on.  I have such severe weakness and fatigue in my muscles that it tires me out to even do the dishes--or type this.  It's like my muscles are completely weak - almost like that feeling you feel when you haven't eaten for a while, but I have been eating normally and eating healthy foods. 

Any thoughts?  I can't even keep up with my crazy busy schedule and it's making me grumpy.  Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 09-12-2011, 04:28 PM

I was diagnosed with Graves about six months ago, and this was my first symptom.  It may be worth having some bloodwork done to see if something is going on.

#3 of 7 Old 09-12-2011, 05:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Try uping your protein and iron to see if that helps, if not look into it. Also don't forget to have some downtime, it is important for growth, detox, and healing.

Decluttering 500/2010

#4 of 7 Old 09-15-2011, 07:33 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Nothing wrong with having a few tests run. Your symptoms could mean a lot of things. Seriously. I would have the tests run before you try to treat it yourself. Somethings can make muscle fatigue worse if it's really something more serious.
#5 of 7 Old 09-16-2011, 06:52 AM

That could be a symptom of such a wide range of things.  I think you need some blood tests to narrow it down. 

heatherdeg and Imakcerka like this.

Living Simply and Enjoying Life
#6 of 7 Old 09-16-2011, 08:41 AM

Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)

I could be a thyroid issue. It could be a deficiency. B12, iron, and magnesium deficiencies can do that as well.

Mama to L (7) and A (born 7/15 by VBAC)
#7 of 7 Old 09-24-2011, 12:59 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marimara View Post

That could be a symptom of such a wide range of things.  I think you need some blood tests to narrow it down. 

yeahthat.gif   I went through three years of countless tests only to finally be told it was all in my head.  They even did a radioactive crap.gif thyroid scan because thyroid bloodwork CAN be wrong and my symptoms screamed of underactive thyroid (and my mom had a thyroid condition).  They truly banked on it being thyroid.  Nope.

Then I went for a long overdue pap smear and my new ob/gyn nailed the problem: hyperinsulinism.  My sugar had been checked over and over and over again for years. Well, my SUGAR was fine (at some point, someone dx'd me "mildly hypoglycemic").  But my insulin levels were through. the. roof.

They initially had me on metformin for it, but I'm now on a natural replacement for metformin that actually does a better job at controlling it.  It's been 6 years.

But agreed that it could be a lot of things.  Just please be sure to ask that they include a fasting insulin test.  Sugar, too, of course; but INSULIN level!

Heather - Wife 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Mommy 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 &

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page