Please Help: Migraine - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-19-2011, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Dear Sweet Mamas, I'm apologize up front for not being able to post this in the homeopathy group, but I'm fighting a migraine and I don't have full faculties at the moment. Anyway, can anyone suggest a homeopathic treatement for migraine? I've been fighting one all day and I'm sure their is one in my Washington's kit, but I can't read the little writing as to what to try.

I'm BFing my 2yo

So far I've used my smudge stick, rest (yeh, right with 3 kiddies), magnesium(since worn off), pressure points.

Thank you for any help your suggestions. I used to get migraines but this is my frist one since getting PG with my son, so I wonder if somehow slowing down BFing has changed my hormones and made me susceptible again.

Love and gratitude ...

grouphug.gifPenny4them  
Blessed WAH wife and mama to my happy brood jumpers.gif Dd1(7/01) Dd2(10/02) Ds (6/09) CDing & ECing works! No Circ, Make it yourself or buy something Handmade! mdcblog5.gif 

#2 of 4 Old 09-19-2011, 04:29 PM

I don't know of homeopathic remedies, but have you tried ice? I like to lay on a soft ice pack, with the pack positioned under the occipital area. (The back of your skull/upper neck) It helps to reduce the dilation of the veins in your head and scalp area. Sometimes taking a warm bath while using the ice helps even more.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#3 of 4 Old 09-19-2011, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you. I'll try that when kiddies are in bed in a little while. A friend just called me and said "Belladonna" might help me too, so I've just had a dose.

Blessings and thanks to you for sharing!!!!

grouphug.gifPenny4them  
Blessed WAH wife and mama to my happy brood jumpers.gif Dd1(7/01) Dd2(10/02) Ds (6/09) CDing & ECing works! No Circ, Make it yourself or buy something Handmade! mdcblog5.gif 

#4 of 4 Old 09-29-2011, 07:18 PM

Did you find a remedy that worked for you?  I suffer from migraines (just had a four day long one last week) so I'm always looking for ways to get relief.  That one I last had was initiated by menstrual hormones, but it was such a doozy.  I think that there may have been some stress factors there for me too.  I don't get them every month and I also get them other times during the month.  It all depends on what I have been eating, thinking, doing, etc.

sahm dishes.gif wife to dh, AP mama to most amazing boy eat.gif 07/2009!  and 11 chickens chicken3.gif   caffix.gif   goorganic.jpg    bf.jpg  NOTV

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page