Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-14-2011, 02:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone have any new revelations with this? I have all 7 forms of psoriasis and am managing my skin arthritis with olive oil soap and lotion (thantks to a Dr,. Drew segment, i heard this stuff is anti-inflammatory and am having alot of imrpovement). My problem is my nails and my joints and the spots that I have cracking open due to alot of use, ie: heal of right hand I use to push off of furniture, thumbs from texting, cooking, etc. I've done alot of holistics, homeopathics and even TCM with varying success. I notice I am awful if I drink a sugar free fake coloring laden slurpee, so toxic foods especially hurt, but despite being good with a whole food diet, I've been using a walker for a couple weeks now.

I take advil regularly as my dr. dislikes aleve and tylenol is too risky with liver. I also take 5mg vidocin/hydrocodone for when it's really bad, but that just gets me stoned and then i wind up bawling because my endorphin production declined.

I absolutely refuse humera and enbrel. not only are they a grand a month, but it's essentially chemotherapy/immunosuppressant. i'd rather be in pain than die from TB.

I have access to a salt filtered swimming pool so i can get sun and salt without trekking tot he beach. Rice socks helps the bad joints, but I'm at my wits end. I'm recently divorced and am dating a great guy who is very supportive and helpful and massages aspercreme into my joints (god send) and I've had some success with Cobroxin. I've no insurance and can't afford accupuncture, even if it was proven to help.

I know lots would frown upoin the advil, but I can't move without it. My joints are actually mangled, likely permanently, and it's bad in my toes, ball joints, ankles, knees, elbows, neck and lately my wrists and thumb joints. Just searched through some threads and stuff seems older. Just looking for any new news.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 10-15-2011, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm about to purchase some Dermabond for the cracks in my hands. Anyone tried this? Liquid bandage won't hold and even when I tried reinforcing with the glue/tissue/glue epoxy mixture, the cracks open from where I repeatedly use these areas. I'm hoping Dermabond will hold better.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page