peri-anal abcess - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-18-2002, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone know what would cause a perianal abcess in a healthy 20 year old male? Also can a peri-anal abcess be healed naturally through diet and or supplements? Are there specific foods that could heal it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2002, 07:35 PM

Hi, I do not have experience with males but, I myself had a peri rectal abcess. Mine was cause by a fistula in my bowels that caused bm to leak into my perineal region. I had Ulcerative Colitis. Since the area had no access to air it went gang green. It was extremely painful. I had to have surgery where they removed 6 cups of gangreen from me. Every conective tissue in my abdomen went gangreen. None of my organs where affected though. That happened to me about 5 years ago and today I am fine. I am assuming you have been to a hcp since you know that it is a peri rectal abcess. If not, your friend really needs to see one. Good luck, and you can email me if you would like.
Old 05-22-2002, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

tHIS IS MORE ON THE EXTERIOR. HOW ARE YOU SURE ABOUT WHAT CAUSED IT?
Old 05-23-2002, 02:37 AM

I am sure about what caused it because I had colonoscopies and the surgery where they opened me up and saw everything. It is one side affect that can happen Ulcerative Colitis. The outward sign I had was at first a swelling like the shape of an egg that was extremely painful on the left side of perinium. They did not operate for 3 days after discovering it and the swelling grew until my left labia had swollen so much that it hung down about 5 inches. After they operated I had an incision from my labia to my rectum that was open for about a year. It has slowly closed. What do you mean it is mainly on the outside? I don't know about what is happening to your dh I can only tell you what happened to me. Good luck to you and your dh I hope he heals quickly

User Tag List