oh great.. now something else - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-18-2002, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i am really freaking now, i was looking at my hemorrhoids in the mirror and urinated a little bit and my urine is NOT coming out of the right place!! I thought i had felt it do that before in the bathtub but dismissed it. It is coming out of my vagina, not my urethra. has anybody else had this.. what the heck?!
#2 of 6 Old 05-18-2002, 02:33 PM

After having a child, it is not uncommon (And heck even in some who have never had kids) for the urinary opening to sort of recede into just inside of the vagina. I wouldn't worry too much about it if everything else is normal (IE no symptoms of urinary tract infection etc) On the other hand, if you can see the urinary opening outside the vagina and you are still have urine come from the wrong place, then I would check with your HCP to make sure you don't have a fistula. These are not all that common, but they can occur.
#3 of 6 Old 05-18-2002, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

i am not sure i know what you are talking about.. what is a fistula? i think i saw an extra opening in the vagina where it was coming out.. towards the bottom of the vagina. i have no other symptoms whatsoever.. very strange!! does a fistula require surgery? that scares me. i just went to the bathroom a minute ago and it was still spraying out of my vagina, NOT out of my urethra.
#4 of 6 Old 05-18-2002, 04:50 PM

Sounds like the urinary opening is just inside the vag opening - this isn't unusual. Things tend to move a bit after childbirth. I cannot count the number of ladies I have had to cath who had theirs that way. Just to be sure, I would let your HCP check it out next time you are in, or sooner if there are any symptoms of infection such as cloudy or odorous urine, drainage, pain or fever. To be honest, I don't know what they do for fistulas these days - probably depends upon the severity and location as well as wether or not any problems are being caused I would imagine. When I worked in the hospital they surgically repaired them , but those were generally pretty severe ones.
#5 of 6 Old 05-18-2002, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

wow, all of this is very new to me.. I thought I had read everything about childbirth and afterwards. how does your urinary opening move?! that seems so strange to me. not that i dont believe you, just something for me to think about. i thought that the urinary tube.. whatever it is called, was permanently attached to the big opening about your vagina? but apparently it can move down into your vagina?!
#6 of 6 Old 05-18-2002, 07:53 PM

It isn't so much that it "moves" as it is that things get stretched and sort of mishapen - kegels might help Some peoples are an inch away - others are closer to begin with and some start out just inside.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page