IS this actually chicken pox? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-03-2011, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sorry, I do realize there is another thread going on about chicken pox...but I think it's just in regards to treating it? Anyway...

I'm not quite positive my son *has* chicken pox. It started out as two (on on each foot) bug bites...well, what I *thought* were bug bites. My son (2) didn't seem bothered by them at all. I found them yesterday morning. Well, at around 4pm, my husband asked me if I saw the spots on Ds's hands - which he thought were warts.

So I checked it out...saw that the "bites" on his feet were now filled (looked like white-heads) and his hand had 3 or 4 of the same blistery looking things.

I looked up chickenpox and well, it LOOKS the same. But he has no bumbs on his chest or tummy. It started on the feet...now it's his hands, too.

he seems totally normal. Happy, crazy, silly as ever! No fever, cold symptoms. He's NOT ITCHY or bothered by the marks - and he has about 10 of them - either on his hands or feet, or right next to them. Even on the bottom of his feet. It seems like...they'd be bothering him. I haven't used calamine lotion or anything. Just gave him an oatmeal/bsoda bath last night. That's it.

He slept okay last night. That had been the only "weird" thing lately. He hasn't been napping or sleeping well at night for about 5 days...but he IS 2, so that's actually pretty normal.

Is it pox or something else? Is he just really lucky (so far, at least). I couldn't manage a decent picture...he's a wiggle worm, but here's what I managed to get. Hoping it's not hugenormous....

TIA!

These are the "new" ones. Not bright red like the top feet yet, but they are coming in...

100_2520.JPG

100_2526.JPG

Oh...this photo is friggin' terrible. These were the first bumps, first they looked like bug bites, then like pus-filled pimples, now they are darker red than the rest, still kinda pus-y but they look like they might be getting drier?

#2 of 3 Old 11-03-2011, 09:55 AM

look up hand foot and mouth disease maybe?

has he been exposed to chicken pox?

best to check with your healthcare provider to be sure

heartbeat.gif

#3 of 3 Old 06-22-2013, 07:48 PM

ok, i know this an old post, but did you ever find out for sure what it was?  I'm having the same question about my little one now!  CP or HFMD--i just posted a new thread on it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page