Acupuncture - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-04-2011, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just started acupuncture treatment for chronic pain. I'm very hopeful that I will see some results. Has anyone here tried acupuncture? If so, was it successful? How often were your treatments? I'm really curious to learn of others experiences. Thanks!
#2 of 4 Old 11-05-2011, 05:01 PM

I had acupuncture done and honestly didn't notice a change. In fact, my pain got worse over time (and here I am searching for more information on my medical situation). Good luck to you. I bet results vary according to each person and their state of consciousness. Hope you feel better soon, either way. :)

DS 6 DD 8
#3 of 4 Old 11-06-2011, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter

I'm sorry it didn't work for you; I hope you find some answers to your situation soon. I'm also in a medication based program & have seen good (not great) results. You might consider exploring that route, if you haven't already.
I'm sure you're right, and, results vary per person. I'm hopeful that I'll see improvement, but, nothing so far. I'm going to try it for awhile & see what happens. Thanks for replying!
#4 of 4 Old 11-07-2011, 07:17 PM

A few months ago I had severe jaw pain due to a cracked tooth which I didn't know I had. Thought is was TMJ.   My neighbor is a chiro and does accupuncture.  The day I had the accupuncture I was in excruciating pain.  I almost cancelled the appt.  I went in at 4pm and when I left his office it felt alot better but still noticed the pain. As the night went on the pain diminished and was gone the next day.

it was amazing.  I suffered for weeks with this pain and in one session it was gone.  My MIL also had some ear pain that also went away with accupuncture.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page