Dandruff Remedies - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-17-2011, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've had dandruff since puberty. I have suspect it is hormonal since I have polycystic ovarian syndrome, and it went away when I was pregnant only to come back postpartum. I've tried the shampoos, they never work. Any ideas?

mama to 1 gorgeous DD 11/05/10

When we know better, we do better.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2011, 10:06 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I also have PCOS, and issues with my scalp (seborrheic dermatitis).  I am pretty sure at this point all my issues are related to one thing, but that's a whole different ball of wax.  I have noticed... the less grains I eat, especially the less gluten-containing grains I eat, the better my scalp is.  I also only wash my hair with castile soap no more than three times a week.  I've used the "dandruff" shampoos - some do nothing, some make it worse, and some make me gag.  :/  I'm in the process of figuring out some of the issues related to the aforementioned ball of wax, and if I get a clear answer, (and remember to come back here), I'll let you know.  Best of luck!

--Rainy

Old 11-17-2011, 10:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My husband has terrible dandruff.  He finally went to the dermatologist and got a prescription and it has made a dramatic difference.  He also sprays colloidal silver on his scalp and now, his dandruff is completely gone.  

User Tag List