auricular therapy - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 11-23-2011, 04:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

my chiro has done a couple of auricular therapy treatments on me.  The one he did yesterday was actually painful.  It felt like this really sharp pressure/swelling sort of sensation.  It only hurt on the left side.  My left ear is still tender where he placed one of the needles.  To the point that it was uncomfortable to sleep on my left side last night.  Is this normal???  Especially considering that I'm not noticing much improvement in the condition that he is doing the therapy for (cervical vertebrae--loss of range of motion and pain)?  I've had 3 of the acupuncture treatments in the last week... so I just keep wondering if I should notice a big improvement this early on or if I just need to deal with the ordeal of the treatment a little longer.  Or is he not doing the treatment correctly?  Or is my neck just so out of what that it's going to take longer than normal?

mommy to Christopher 2/29/08
#2 of 2 Old 01-03-2012, 07:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

As an acupuncturist who uses ear points often in treatments, I'm guessing that one of the points your chiro used bruised- even if it's not visible.  I've never heard of any serious damage anyway from auricular therapy, and I wouldn't assume that he or she did anything wrong- there are lots of tiny capillaries in the ear and face and I often have points that bleed a little when I remove needles from those areas.  The soreness is probably gone by now I'd imagine.

Have you considered seeing an actual acupuncturist for regular treatments?  I have a community acupuncture clinic, and depending on where you are you may be able to find one near you.  check out www.pocacoop.com 's LOC page to see if there's one.  The #1 thing that we treat is neck and back pain and the community setting makes the treatments affordable using sliding scale fees of most often 15-40$.  Acupuncture is really effective for these issues.

Wishing you well!

Jenny

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page