Success with duct tape for plantar's wart? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-27-2011, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Can anyone give me some information about this if you've experienced success?  How long did you have to use the tape, how often did you change it, where on your foot was the wart, etc.  I don't want to use the OTC salicylic acid or get it cut out and I am kind of freaking out.

Thanks for any advice, mamas.

sleepytime.gif I got tired of my signature, but I still love my children and husband and miss my little brotherkid.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2011, 11:19 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, Im not your best advocate for this method. I tried the duct tape method for about 3 weeks, with no results. I used the Dr. Sholl's Freeze Away wart kit and left the thing that freezes it on about 30 seconds longer than the instructions said to. It came back twice, and I used the kit again (it has 7 applications, but there is no reason those tips cant be reused says my dr. friend.) Its gone now, no doctor needed, but I do have to warn you: that freezer thing hurts like sh*t- you are essentially burning yourself with the coldness. The first time I took it off when it started hurting, and the wart came off within a couple of days, only to return the next week. The second time I left it on longer and the wart returned about a month later. The third time I left it on until I was cussing up a storm, and then did it again about 4 hours later and it hurt sooo bad. But its gone, no scar even.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Dr-Scholl-s-Freeze-Away-Common-Plantar-Wart-Remover-8-ct/11994942

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

Old 11-28-2011, 12:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I was religious about the duct tape on my plantar's wart for two MONTHS and the damn thing was still there irked.gif I have done several rounds of the Dr Scholl's Freeze Away and had some results but now it's back. Plantar's warts are pretty darn persistent. 

"So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton

Old 11-28-2011, 10:45 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

I never had any luck with anything except heading to the podiatrist and getting it taken care of. Very persistent indeed. 

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:56 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Well since I came from a family that taped pennys to boils... I can safely say that I know for a fact the duct tape does not work.  However, cheap nailpolish and glue does.  Oh and grandpa with his pocket knife... not a good experience. 

Tags
Health Healing
User Tag List