Help! Newborn sinus infection? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-19-2002, 12:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 2 week dd is sick! She is my first so I'm worrying myself crazy. I have no idea what to do for her since she is so little. She has a very blocked up nose, is puffy around her eyes and nose, hasn't had a fever-but is sweating a lot at night, and is really cranky and fussy all the time. I'm thinking it's a sinus infection because the boogers look kind of dark yellow/green when I look up her nose.
So far we have tried saline drops and the blue bulb thing, and sitting in the bathroom with the shower on hot. Also I bought a humidifier yesterday, but I didn't notice any change in her this morning. We tipped our bed up so that our heads are tilted slightly up.
I know that taking things like vitamin C and eccinacea will go through your breastmilk and get to the baby. What about garlic (I heard that it will give the baby gas though)? Is goldenseal safe? Will my eating dairy cause dd to get more congested?
I would love any suggestions on other things I can do for her. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 05-19-2002, 03:21 AM

Hi Ishta
You poor thing, I really hope your baby improves quickly. Garlic is great through breastmilk and both mine had massive doses through my milk without problems (onlly cabbage gave them wind). You could also try a weak grapefruit seed solution (one drop in a cup of boiled cooled water and with a dropper up her nose.
I'd really reccomend you see a cranial osteopath though because there could be some compression in the facial bones which is making it hard to clear up.
Good luck!
Amulet
#3 of 4 Old 05-19-2002, 10:32 AM

I would get off dairy for sure. Dairy is a major culprit to colds and sinus infections.

Cece
#4 of 4 Old 05-19-2002, 07:47 PM

Have you tried Grapefruit Seed Extract. I hear it is really good for sinus stuff. I am sure a healthfood store would carry it but if now this is where I get mine. www.diannecraft.org She has other great info on her site too.

Good Luck

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page