Alternative to Pantene Pro-v conditioner? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-01-2011, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My hair tends to dry and frizzy (wavy-type) and tangles easily. I have been using Pantene's conditioners for years. A hairdresser told me Pantene will make your hair fall out - huh? I am not a fan of the shampoo but I've never found another conditioner that works as well. I'm looking for something a little more natural that is comparable. Any suggestions? 

Going No-poo is not an option right now. wink1.gif

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2011, 01:19 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I have natural curly hair as well.  I use this and alternate with this.  Also, a shower filter has been my hair's best friend for many years.  The chlorine is city water is really harsh on curly hair (also skin), adds to the frizz. I used to fight my hair for YEARS, until I was living in a house on horrible well water.  I started using filtered water to rinse my hair and it was like magic.  So, now on city and using a shower filter.  The best $20 I have spent on my hair. 

'09   
Old 12-02-2011, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks! My aunt told me that we adsorb a lot of chlorine through our skin also, so probably a good idea for that reason as well. 

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

Old 12-02-2011, 10:10 AM

I want to call shenanigans on your hairdresser.  I've used Pantene in the past and after my hairdresser said my hair looks so shiny and great she asked me what I used (Pantene at the time) and then gave me a lecture about it.  She said its use leads to buildup and dull hair, ect., ect.    This may be true as everyone's hair is different, but she had JUST told me she thinks my hair is so shiny!  I think it's mostly a ruse to sell their expensive product.  :)

Blessed mom (11.10) and wife (5.01-met/12.07-married).  HI!  nocirc.gif  namaste.gif  

Old 12-02-2011, 03:45 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenyd View Post

Thanks! My aunt told me that we adsorb a lot of chlorine through our skin also, so probably a good idea for that reason as well. 

No doubt.  My skin has also improved.  I am really chemically sensitive.  Your aunt is right!

'09   
Old 12-02-2011, 03:59 PM

Giovanni Smooth As Silk conditioner is fab.

Tags
Health Healing
User Tag List