any ideas for natural remedies to treat mid-cycle ovary pain? - Mothering Forums
Women's Health > any ideas for natural remedies to treat mid-cycle ovary pain?
Dancianna's Avatar Dancianna 03:44 AM 01-18-2012

I searched this forum and learned that it is called "Mittelshmerz", and looked on-line for more info but all the sites say to take aspirin and prevent with birth control pills.  I do take aspirin - thank G-d it helps - but this pain keeps me up half the night for three days running.  It's just ovulation - I've had it checked out in the past - but dang it's so uncomfortable and I'm exhausted!

Thanks for any ideas!

june'smom's Avatar june'smom 08:13 AM 01-31-2012

I wish I had an answer!  Mine is debilitating for about 6 hours, then just kinda sore.  It is awful.  Every doc I have seen says to go on BC, but that is way worse than cramps for me.  

I am going to go to an ob/gyn this week to check on my various issues.  I'll report back if she has any bright ideas!

Dancianna's Avatar Dancianna 10:39 PM 05-20-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by june'smom View Post

I wish I had an answer!  Mine is debilitating for about 6 hours, then just kinda sore.  It is awful.  Every doc I have seen says to go on BC, but that is way worse than cramps for me.  

I am going to go to an ob/gyn this week to check on my various issues.  I'll report back if she has any bright ideas!

Hi, June's mom -

I never saw this post, for some reason.  I did get checked for (G-d forbid) ovarian cancer but that was not the case, thankfully, and I still deal with it...even as we speak, as a matter of fact!  I am very glad that aspirin does take care of it for me, but if it comes (as usual) in the middle of the night, then I might as well get up because until the aspirin kicks in, there will be no sleep...

Hope yours gets better.  My accupuncturist recommended castor oil packs, and I think they may be helping.

Tags: Health Healing
Up