information on candida elimination diet - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-21-2012, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

so i'm pretty sure i have some yeast issues, i was on antibiotics several times a few years ago went on birth control shortly after and then got pregnant right after going off birth control.  since having my daughter last year my binge eating disorder that ive had for maybe 7 years got completely out of hand and i went from the girl who hadn't touched a cupcake in maybe 12 years to one who eats them by the box which of course is the worst for the yeast im sure but even when i thought i was eating "healthy" for so many years, my diet was mostly whole grains, dairy, fruit, nuts etc all things that feed yeast. and had never heard of candida, probiotics let alone fermented foods so of course i wish i had discovered all this before having a child but anyway...

my boyfriend really wants me at the renfrew center for eating disorders for the binging problem but i think a lot of it is sugar addiction and yeast especially after reading the body ecology diet which says that it does cure eating disorders and maybe if i got that worked out, i'd be better off. i did meet with the nutritionist at renfrew and she completely disregarded my concerns about sugar, gluten etc and recommended a "balanced diet" mostly composed of grains.  

my boyfriend doesn't think the yeast issue is a real problem and thinks i'm just off on another fad diet, so basically what i'm asking for most of all is any good online sources of information i could show him that are put out by doctors; he wont buy anything from a naturopath, books like body ecology, things i read on mothering.com etc lol so any good reputable sources on the dangers of candida overgrowth and the elimination diet that i could use to gain his support would be greatly appreciated! sorry for rambling...

#2 of 6 Old 01-21-2012, 10:07 AM

subbing

mdcblog5.gifsaynovax.giffambedsingle2.gifhomebirth.jpg

#3 of 6 Old 01-23-2012, 02:14 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Most traditionally trained nutritionists go off of the gov't food pyramid and basic digestion/trying to balance the diet according to the USDA pyramid (and Harvard medical has come out and blasted them at least on the dairy requirement).

I'm familiar with body ecology diet but it's not the first place to go for candida resolution.  Not by a longshot.  The go-to diet is GAPS and the person that developed it is a neurologist who went back to study nutrition after watching how food affected the neurology of her own child.  Based on all of that, she developed the GAPS program.

http://gaps.me/preview/

And a glance at the front page shows one of the questions listed: "Did you or your child have digestive problems and allergies, was a fussy eater, then in late teens become anorexic or bulimic? "

Maybe this would work better for him?  And for you.  It's not an easy program and there are plenty of things you can do to help yourself along with the cravings and the die-off symptoms, but this would at least get him on board.

And if you need the assistance of a health coach, click the link in my siggy.

Hope this helps!

Heather - Wife , Mommy  & Health & Wellness Educator, Speaker & Consultant 

Dairy, soy & corn free with limited gluten... yes, really. And journeying towards peace.  Blogging about both.

Let me guide you to find the food and lifestyle choices...
#4 of 6 Old 01-23-2012, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

thank you for your reply, thats awesome your a holistic health coach, i wish more nutritionists had our mindset, i went to school for nutrition and now feel like everything i learned was nonsense, its kind of sad really.  ill definitely look into the diet you recommended, i have heard of it before just wasnt one i researched extensively yet

#5 of 6 Old 01-24-2012, 02:57 AM

Thank you for posting the link- I am researching it now. Thank you.

mdcblog5.gifsaynovax.giffambedsingle2.gifhomebirth.jpg

#6 of 6 Old 01-24-2012, 05:57 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKPA View Post

thank you for your reply, thats awesome your a holistic health coach, i wish more nutritionists had our mindset, i went to school for nutrition and now feel like everything i learned was nonsense, its kind of sad really.  ill definitely look into the diet you recommended, i have heard of it before just wasnt one i researched extensively yet

Thanks.  My serious issue with finding a nutrition program was with finding one that was accredited but was more holistic.  It seemed that you couldn't manage to find a didactic/RD track without the traditional/gov't pyramid.  Horrible--despite the fact that ADA has FINALLY opened up a group for RDs on holistic nutrition but have no holistic nutrition accredited schools.  >:(  So the place I'm finally pursuing my MS is accredited as a university, but not with the ADA... which is fine, because the way healthcare is going, I honestly think a traditional RD-track nutrition degree would undermine my credibility in the "new world" of health and health care... kwim?

I love my job, and although I certainly have people that need health with general health goals, seriously half of my client base is more serious problems (diabetes, behavior/development issues in children, food allergies/intolerances) and that contingent is growing.  It's really hard to watch people suffer.  :(

Heather - Wife , Mommy  & Health & Wellness Educator, Speaker & Consultant 

Dairy, soy & corn free with limited gluten... yes, really. And journeying towards peace.  Blogging about both.

Let me guide you to find the food and lifestyle choices...

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page