They found Gallstones on my scan - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-21-2012, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

After months of intense burning type pain high up in my stomach, I finally had an ultrasound scan and was told I've got 'a few gallstones' and that I will need to have my gallbladder removed. So after initial shock I've been looking online what this means and would rather not have it removed. Is there any way to get rid of the Gallstones myself naturally? Anyone been able to do this? I would really appreciate some other people's advise on this, even if you haven't had them yourself....if you did one day, what would you do? From what I've read online so far, it's better to keep the gallbladder as it does serve the purpose of holding the bile... greensad.gif

#2 of 3 Old 01-21-2012, 01:50 PM

I have had gall sludge in the past, confirmed by ultrasound. I have had attacks every now and again.

I will tell you what I did. I know that there are gall bladder cleanses, but I have not done those.

First thing is when I was in a flare up, I ate very little-- dry toast, hot tea with honey, crackers, bananans. Anything else caused pain.

I saw a naturopath, who with massage and accupuncture gave me some relief. He's also quite keen on me keeping my gall bladder. He sent me off with supplements from Standard Process: AF betafood and a multizyme. The multizyme is very helpful, I even shared some with my mother who was having her own issues and she got relief.

For 2 years I was ok. Still had some digestive issues, but could eat ok. Then, I had another nasty flare-up, went back to him and this time I'm doing very well (knock on wood). I can eat as I like, and all unpleasant digestive issues are gone.

Twin boys (2/05) and little sister (10/07)
#3 of 3 Old 01-23-2012, 03:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Pajama View Post

I have had gall sludge in the past, confirmed by ultrasound. I have had attacks every now and again.

I will tell you what I did. I know that there are gall bladder cleanses, but I have not done those.

First thing is when I was in a flare up, I ate very little-- dry toast, hot tea with honey, crackers, bananans. Anything else caused pain.

I saw a naturopath, who with massage and accupuncture gave me some relief. He's also quite keen on me keeping my gall bladder. He sent me off with supplements from Standard Process: AF betafood and a multizyme. The multizyme is very helpful, I even shared some with my mother who was having her own issues and she got relief.

For 2 years I was ok. Still had some digestive issues, but could eat ok. Then, I had another nasty flare-up, went back to him and this time I'm doing very well (knock on wood). I can eat as I like, and all unpleasant digestive issues are gone.

Thanks for sharing your experience! I have been researching online and just bought quite a few supplements to try. 

These are what I'm trying:

-Milk Thistle which blocks the body's production of cholesterol in bile, thereby reducing the risk of developing gallstones

-Dandelion Root which cleanses the liver and gallbladder
-Vitamin C which helps convert cholesterol into bile acids in the body
-Peppermint Oil which can apparantly dissolve and reduce gallstones
-Lecithin also helps dissolve the gallstones
-Ginger Root which cleanses the gallbladder
-Green Tea which stimulates fat digestion in the gallbladder, increases bile evactuation from gallbladder, and prevents gallstones from forming

Fingers crossed these help. Otherwise yes there is a Gallbladder 'Cleanse' I could try.

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page