Does your chiropractor offer massage before the adjustment? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-10-2012, 08:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

This might be displaced...but I can't figure out where the question belongs. 

My chiropractor believes it's important to warm up the body and advises you have an onsight massage before she adjusts you.  It's not an extra cost.  My insurance pays for 12 visits a year and during pregnancy, I would go in and get my massage, get adjusted and go.  It was blissful.  After I had the baby, it occurred to me that maybe I should have been tipping the massage therapist.  I mean...the doctor ordered it...and insurance paid.  It's not like I decided to pamper myself and made an appointment for a luxurious massage...it was part of the "treatment plan".  Should I have been tipping?

I never saw any signs about tipping or a designated spot for tips or anything.  Now that I'm post partum and ready to get some more massages, I want to go back to them because they did a great job.  But, honestly, now I'm kind of embarrassed because I didn't tip before and I'm unsure still if I'm supposed to tip now.   (I would still be getting the adjustment afterward and paying via insurance).

Do they think I'm an awful person for not tipping all those times?!!  And should I just go somewhere else now?  I feel like they'll see my name on the schedule and be like, oh great, it's that lady who never tips. redface.gif  I don't necessarily have the funds right now to get a massage...but I know the chiro will expect me to if I go get adjusted.  And let me just add that she's not a swindler.  She's extremely nice, gentle, informative, caring.  She's a wonderful chiropractor.  And I'm way too embarrassed to bring this up to her.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2012, 10:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I get a massage AFTER my adjustment.  I never tip.  How they treat me has never been cold or weird or anything.

Heather - Wife , Mommy  & Health & Wellness Educator, Speaker & Consultant 

Dairy, soy & corn free with limited gluten... yes, really. And journeying towards peace.  Blogging about both.

Let me guide you to find the food and lifestyle choices...

Tags
Health Healing
User Tag List