3 year old says penis hurts - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-24-2012, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
First please excuse any typos I am on my phone.

Ok my 3 year old son is 90% potty trained, he is complaining that his penis hurts he says it hurts on the hole. He is not circumcised. He has lately taken a huge liking to playing with it so I think he maybe tore something? I don't know but he has been complaining non stop for 3 hours and refuses to pee in the potty because he says it hurts. We don't have a Dr but I can take him to the er if need be but I know they will forcibly retract him and that's not going to help at all. So what do I do? I put a tad bit of a&d on the tip to try and help but he won't leave it alone so its just going to continue to hurt. I have tried to explain that if he leaves it alone it will feel better but he just won't stop. Any advice is appreciated!
#2 of 4 Old 02-24-2012, 07:01 PM

It does sound likely that he just played with it too much and stretched it a bit or something. I'd put him in the bath with maybe some baking soda and let him soak to see if that helps.  If it's not seriously swollen or red I wouldn't jump to infection. 

My only other thought is UTI. My oldest son had one at about that age, and was in serious pain when he peed.  I could tell that's what it was, but of course it took alot of convincing for the ped to take me seriously, because apparently that is very uncommon in boys, especially intact ones.

If they want a sterile urine sample, just wait till he has to pee and catch it, they cathed my son, as he wasn't anywhere close to potty trained, and it was a pretty traumatic experience.  Wish I would have known better at the time!

#3 of 4 Old 02-24-2012, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter

We did put him in a bath earlier about 30 minutes after he started complaining and he stopped complaining for about 20 minutes after he got out and then he started again. I read post here on mothering that said to have him pee in a cup with farm water so we might try that. If he's still like this in the am we will take him to the er, its just so hard to fight with the doctors there :-(
#4 of 4 Old 02-25-2012, 11:56 AM

:(  Poor guy!  Update us and let us know if you have to take him.

Tags
Child

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page