5 year old son (circumcised) having frequent painful urination -no UTI - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-05-2012, 05:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi,

We've tried several doctors including 2 pediatric urologists. He's had multiple UTI tests, a cystoscopy that all came back negative. The painful peeing goes away for a while and comes back. We are stumped. Has anyone else experienced this? I took a look at the archives, but couldn't find anything specific. We're considering some alternative medicine to help him since western medicine seems to have no answers. Any suggestions for urinary health? Herbs? Nutrition? All the medical sources(including the doctors) say diet has no effect, but honestly, we have a hard time believing this.

Jamie

Doula, wife and mom to 2 boys with a 3rd on the way. Trying for a homebirth.
#2 of 4 Old 03-08-2012, 11:24 AM

I don't have any suggestions, but you might want to post this in "The Case Against Circ" forum--- the people who might know are more likely to see it then.  Good luck!

#3 of 4 Old 05-07-2012, 07:16 AM

What ever happened with this?  My son has this exact same thing.  He says it hurts to pee but not every time he pees.  I took him to the doctor a week ago and they tested his urine for a UTI but it was negative.  I don't know what to do.

#4 of 4 Old 05-07-2012, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter

We never found a medical reason. It seems to come and go. We think it might be because he is trying to pee with his butt cheeks squeezed tight. (Try it! It doesn't feel good) We noticed it seemed to lesson when we pointed this out to him. He started clenching his buttocks together after a poop accident (he had diarrhea)  while he was peeing several months ago. He's kind of a sensory sensitive guy so he got really freaked out about poop running down his leg and is fearful of it happening again. That's the only possible cause we have found. If that is not the case with your little guy, I'd check with a pediatric urologist. They weren't able to help us, but maybe his condition is different.

Doula, wife and mom to 2 boys with a 3rd on the way. Trying for a homebirth.

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page