UTI. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-08-2012, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

I woke up this morning with a UTI. I am drinking lots of cranberry juice, taking vitamin C, and taking oil of oregano 3 times a day. Is there anything else I can do?

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2012, 11:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Get your hands on Uva Ursi aka Bearberry and make tea out of the leaves. I think they sell tinctures and pre-made tea bags, but I've always used the loose tea leaves.

Ever since a local herbalist recommended I try it years ago (I used to get UTI's often) I have not had a full blown case of UTI since I started drinking this tea. In fact I can't even remember the last time I had to brew it, but I always keep a supply on hand. Cranbery juice, antibiotics and OTCs have never helped me and UTI's are soo miserable.

Uva Ursi is the only thing that has ever worked for me and I brew the tea and drink a couple of cups as I feel that tingling sensation.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

A shot (about 2oz.) of Apple Cider Vinegar each day will help too.  You could probably do two and clear it up sooner, but I could only stomach one.  It took about a week to clear it up.

Sarah, partner to J and mom to DD1 April 30th, 2002 and DD2 May 5th, 2012. love.gif

Old 03-10-2012, 04:29 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Depending on which bacteria caused the infection, D-Mannose (in capsules or powder, found at health food stores including Whole Foods) will heal the infection.  (only works with one of the bacterias, can't remember which one but a quick search will explain all that.)  No matter which bacteria caused it, D-Mannose will ease the symptoms within an hour or so and will prevent such occurrences in the future.  I agree about the Uva Ursi.  I used to suffer from recurrent infections and also had a naturopath make me up a tincture with uva ursi in it and I never had problems after that.  I just found the D-mannose easier to deal with than the tincture or tea and worked just as effectively.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I didn't know about D-Mannose.  Thanks for sharing that tip. 

Normal is just a setting on your dryer.

Tags
Health Healing
User Tag List