Help with healing - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-08-2012, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey Mamas,

So we've had a terrible bout of illnesses this winter. We've had both Strep and influenza. My kids are feeling ok with just a residual cough and my dd occasionally gets nauseous and will vomit and then she's fine. My dh had to go on antibiotics as the strep turned into a scarlet fever. I am still feeling really wrung out. I still have a little congestion and an irritated occasional cough. But the irritating symptoms are the residual fatigue and sore muscles. I started to get better last Friday but the symptoms are lasting... What can I do to speed the healing process besides sleep? I took some emergen-C and I am eating even though I'm not really hungry and drinking lots of green tea. I am getting out and doing the regular stuff and trying to keep moving. I am having naps. I really would like to avoid another illness and to start feeling better. Any tips? Should I take some garlic? I did when I was in the middle of it. 

Proud Mama to DS 04/23/06reading.gif DD 02/18/09 modifiedartist.gif, 2 dog2.gif, and wife to wonderfuldh_malesling.GIF and adding another baby.gif. Here's my blog: http://nessabean.blogspot.ca/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 03-09-2012, 03:38 PM

I know what you mean about getting sick too much. That seems to happen to us in the winter time as well. I see we are both in northern climates....which means we probably lack vitamin D. Do you do cod liver oil or some other kind of D? That couldn't hurt. I don't take nearly as much as I should. 

Maybe drink more water as well. Green tea has caffeine and maybe isn't helping your hydration. There was a looong thread floating around here forever about sodium ascorbate (sp) that has a lot of info. Let me see if I can dig that up.   

#3 of 6 Old 03-09-2012, 03:39 PM

#4 of 6 Old 03-11-2012, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

I do take vit D 2000iu/day. I don't take cod liver oil though maybe I need to add that in. Interesting thread on sodium ascorbate. I haven't read it all but I think I need to start taking that on a regular basis as well. Thanks for the response.

Proud Mama to DS 04/23/06reading.gif DD 02/18/09 modifiedartist.gif, 2 dog2.gif, and wife to wonderfuldh_malesling.GIF and adding another baby.gif. Here's my blog: http://nessabean.blogspot.ca/
#5 of 6 Old 03-12-2012, 10:39 AM

You might need up to 10,000 IU of D a day or more.

http://www.westonaprice.org/cod-liver-oil/cod-liver-oil-basics

#6 of 6 Old 03-22-2012, 10:37 PM

Location: A state whose Medicaid does not cover circumcision! :)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I recommend Fermented cod liver oil.  We take black elderberry syrup at first sign of illness and never seems to get worse than a runny nose.  Garlic wouldnt hurt, just make sure its fresh.  I peel a clove of garlic, poke holes in it and swallow it like a pill.

Home made kefir would help too especially if you were drinking it before you got sick, it might just prevent it.

Tags
Health Healing

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page