I called the doc, but she did not seem worried. I went out and bought new saline and sprayed them both about after an hour of the episode.
What do you think? Did I hurt my kids? Are they going to get an infection? I am freaked out over things like meningitis! Please advise if you know anything about it.
They should probably be fine. I wouldn't sweat it. I would get a separate saline dispenser for each family member, though, if you haven't. If you do that and rinse the dispenser each time, the odds of it getting contaminated are practically nil.
We are still alive, about a week out. My impression is that bacterial or fungal meningitis would have a pretty quick onset, so the fact that we're still alive is probably a good sign for you as well! Our stuff also was plasticy.
But the worst that could have happened is that the water evaporated and the saline became more concentrated, which is a good thing in terms of bacterial growth.
Let me know how you guys do, but I think we're probably out of the woods.
Writer/Designer/Hip Hippie Russian Mama to T (3yo) and K(4mo)
|19 members and 11,790 guests|
|beedub , bluejanuary , coconotcoco , girlspn , happy-mama , Janeen0225 , jlaws , lauren , lisak1234 , MeanVeggie , Michele123 , Mirzam , NaturallyKait , newmamalizzy , SandiMae , Socks , stellanyc , waywornwanderer , worthy|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 01:21 PM.|