Viral Conjunctivitis - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-24-2012, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Help!  I've dealt very effectively with conjuntivitis before (my ds1 & I are susptible).  In fact I have (what I thought) was a fail-proof remedy using goldenseal & eyebright. BUT I now have a virus with a fairly mild but VERY persistent conjuntivitis that I can not kick! 

Here's the story: about 3 weeks ago my DS1 woke with mild pink eye symptoms, we treated it right away & kept him home.  About two days later, eyes clear - all well.   I woke up with a little pink in my eyes (both) the next day, along with a sore throut, a little cough, low fever, aches.  I started treatment, got some relief, but redness & mild itchiness continued...and continued...and continued.  I did a week of treatment, left things alone for a week, finally got anti-bacterial drops (just in case), did a week of those (they did NOTHING).  So - I'm still fighting the virus & the pink eye, feeling run-down & am paying a lot of money to wash our sheets & towels everyday in hot water (& dry on hot too).  I've begun to treat the virus systemically (oral echinacea & kyolic), but this ridiculously annoying thing is defeating me! 

Has anyone had experience with something similiar?  What did you do to get rid of it?

Loving mama to magical boys Skyler (11/21/03) and Gryffin Emrys (9/30/08). 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2012, 12:42 AM

Location: A state whose Medicaid does not cover circumcision! :)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Can you get ahold of some breastmilk to put into the affected eyes?

Once I put warm green tea bags on my eye's (making sure a little of the tea got into my eyes as well), then awhile later put raw organic honey into my eyes (and I ate some as well), and it cleared up after a few days.  It was what I had in my house at the time, I dont even know if you are supposed to put those things into your eyes but I am fine:)

You could try eating fermented foods and home made kefir as well for all of their probiotics.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:57 PM

I've had really good results after putting in one drop of colloidal silver, kills it immediately.

mom of twins.gif boys born 9/13/05 and dog2.gifdog2.gif

Old 04-02-2012, 06:28 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the good ideas!  Where do I get the colloidal silver?

Loving mama to magical boys Skyler (11/21/03) and Gryffin Emrys (9/30/08). 

Tags
Health Healing
User Tag List