Hallucinations with High Fever in Children - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-10-2012, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all,

My kids both frequently spike high fevers (around 104 usually) when they get sick - most often, it is only a 24h thing but sometimes when it's a nasty virus, it will last for a few nights and they start hallucinating - I don't medicate fevers at all but it bothers me that they get that upset - I usually try homeopathy in such cases which helps them sleep but does anyone else have any experience with such hallucinations or any info to suggest those hallucinations are dangerous in any way? 

Thank you!!

xx

mdcblog5.gif

#2 of 4 Old 04-15-2012, 11:11 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

My kids don't hallucinate perse, but they do get night terrors when they are sick.  It can be pretty disturbing, because it seems like they are awake and responding, but they are usually not.  They wake in the morning with no memory of it at all.  Our doctor says it's harmless for the kids, scary for the parents!  Do you think it could be that instead of hallucinations?

#3 of 4 Old 04-15-2012, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply and for sharing your experience! My kids do tend to remember it the next day for e.g. my daughter thought there were alligators in her bed and woke up in the next morning saying she remembered being afraid of them :( I did ask my ped about it a couple of days ago and she said it was normal with high fever so I am somewhat relieved although it's still a little scary :)

Thanks again! xx

mdcblog5.gif

#4 of 4 Old 06-06-2012, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturallysta View Post

Thank you for your reply and for sharing your experience! My kids do tend to remember it the next day for e.g. my daughter thought there were alligators in her bed and woke up in the next morning saying she remembered being afraid of them :( I did ask my ped about it a couple of days ago and she said it was normal with high fever so I am somewhat relieved although it's still a little scary :)

Thanks again! xx

Yes it is very scary, my 11 year old has had a fever for the last two days and is on antibiotics and hallucinated both nights, first night was scariest because he was saying he wanted to kill himself, tonight he was just making funny faces and staring blankly at the tv, he was able to communicate with me but it was still scary, two of my other children thought though it was hilarious.

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page