GAPS successes? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-13-2012, 04:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello, 

I would love to hear from people who have had successful experiences with the GAPS diet.  By successful, I mean they did the diet, symptoms went away, and now they are fine.  

I am drawn to GAPS because I know we need healing.  We've been doing elimination diets for 7 years.  Yes, elimination diets have been excellent at keeping our symptoms at bay, but it's obvious that healing hasn't taken place, just absence of symptoms.

If we ever make a mistake and go "off diet" we suffer for it.  I ate something off my diet at a restaurant about 6 weeks ago and am still suffering effects from it.  My daughter also has similar experiences in that her off diet mistakes take a long time to recover from.  

So....I would love to hear from people who have completed the GAPS diet and can live somewhat "normal" lives now.  Are people like that out there?  

(All of the discussions  I find by searching online and here at mothering.com are people who are still in the midst of it or just starting out.  I also see a lot of people doing intro over and over and i'm curious about how effective it is if so many people feel the need to keep repeating it).

Thanks! 

#2 of 3 Old 04-14-2012, 09:51 AM

I am interested in the responses as well.  I recently got the book and wonder what the medical community has to say about it.

#3 of 3 Old 04-23-2012, 09:55 PM

The GAPS diet is absolutely amazing!   We have 2 healthy kids because of it.  After being on it for almost 2 years we eased off with great success.

The most beneficial aspect we found was the inclusion of probiotics into the diet.  Probiotics are so amazing at helping the body to naturally heal so that if you go "off" your diet the body can handle it.  My son can now eat a bite of wheat here and there without issue.  When he was younger just a small bite of wheat would make him throw up multiple times for hours.

We are contemplating going back on the diet because it was so amazing for healing the body and we need to re-balance again.  I think many people go back because it is easy to get the body out of balance through stress, eating poorly over time etc... (or in our case a tetanus vaccine after a run in with a rusty tomato cage that was just in the garden..ugh!)

Hope this helps!

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page