Your Experiences Treating cold and cough (incl. Pertussis) with AA or SA - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-17-2012, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

I would appreciate your feedback on experience treating cold/cough with Ascorbic Acid or Sodium Ascorbate. My son is 2.5 and had a night of fever last week, then cold and cough symptoms ever since (so 5-6 days). He rarely gets sick, so my senses are on alert now, as the cough is wet and productive and it is just so odd that he is still symptomatic judging from past experience. I've begun Ascorbic Acid treatment, but oh (!) what a challenge to administer to a toddler. Currently, his sleep is sound, no coughing, he plays energetically, has an appetite and nurses frequently (as usual), no issues nursing or breathing. Well, that's the run down, I'd be happy to give more info as replies start coming in. Thanks for your feedback, looking forward to hearing your experience.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2012, 02:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Bump!

Mother caffix.gif to DD born Jan 2008 and DS born Nov 2011. 

Old 04-23-2012, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Thanks ghannit! 

Just an update my son is completely recovered!  I cannot say enough about Ascorbic Acid and Sodium Ascorbate, oh and of course breastmilk.....he's a frequent nurser (thankfully). His response to the SA was excellent.

Tags
Health Healing
User Tag List