Vitamin D and C for flu? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-25-2012, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My two kids and husband are all sick.  Kids got sick first.  My 5 year old came down with high fever runny nose and cough.  Then my 7 year old came down with something similar accept she also vomited a few times.  Now my husband has a cough, body aches and fever.  We hardly ever get sick so this is freaking me out a little.  I keep reading that high doses of vitamin c may help. I am curious if there is a specific kind people are referring to?  Also what doses do I give for  kids and adults?  I am also wondering if I should give extra vitamin d?  My husband takes 5000iu a day and my kids usually get about 2000Iu. Would more help?  Thanks for any replies.  I am praying that I Will not be next!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2012, 04:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i always up my vitamin c intake and my holistic doctor recommended occicilium, which is homeopathic and works very well for the whole family.

Former dreads.gifwearing, treehugger.gifing, pole dancing, read.gifpushing, ribbonpurple.gifsurvivor & single mama extraordinaire to energy.gif.  

Now that's a mouthful!!! computergeek2.gif & follow it!   

Old 09-26-2012, 08:44 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

I always double vitamin C and D intake when sick. We dont do the really high doses of sodium ascorbate. I have it in case of serious illness, but I havent felt the need to use it. Maybe for something like whooping cough I would. We just do lots of fluids and lots of rest, and we dont use fever reducing medication. The body is amazing. 

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years

Tags
Health Healing
User Tag List