Mothering Forum banner

Vitamin D and C for flu?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  MountainMamaGC 
#1 ·
My two kids and husband are all sick. Kids got sick first. My 5 year old came down with high fever runny nose and cough. Then my 7 year old came down with something similar accept she also vomited a few times. Now my husband has a cough, body aches and fever. We hardly ever get sick so this is freaking me out a little. I keep reading that high doses of vitamin c may help. I am curious if there is a specific kind people are referring to? Also what doses do I give for kids and adults? I am also wondering if I should give extra vitamin d? My husband takes 5000iu a day and my kids usually get about 2000Iu. Would more help? Thanks for any replies. I am praying that I Will not be next!

#3 ·
I always double vitamin C and D intake when sick. We dont do the really high doses of sodium ascorbate. I have it in case of serious illness, but I havent felt the need to use it. Maybe for something like whooping cough I would. We just do lots of fluids and lots of rest, and we dont use fever reducing medication. The body is amazing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.