What is in your herbal healing medicine cabinet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-15-2012, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm always looking to increase my knowledge of healing herbs : ) Would love to see other families 'go to' remedies for common aliments in children and adults. Any book recommendations would also be greatly appreciated! 

Dirt worshiping, creatress Mama to Rowan and Alden - home birth loving, no circ, no vax, extended breast feeding, cloth diapering, baby wearing, cosleeping

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2012, 01:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

For the most part I use pure essential oils, but I also like to throw in some fresh flowers and herbs to create compresses and teas.

My husband just got a pretty deep gash on his leg. I've been compressing it with fresh Yarrow flowers and a few drops of Helichrysum. He says that pain is non-existent, and the wound looks like it's healing quite well.

For my son's sunburned back, I'm applying a blend of 1 tsp jojoba oil to 5 drops Helichrysum essential oil 2-5 times per day. I've seen this heal blisters very quickly, and I'm enjoying how the sunburn is morphing into a healthy tan. For more information about our pure essential oils, please visit: http://www.miraclebotanicals.com

Blessings!

Tags
Health Healing
User Tag List