http://lmgtfy.com/?q=who+sets+the+vaccine+schedule%3F&l=1

#62 of 141 Old 06-12-2012, 05:36 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stik View Post
There has not been mercury in Rhogam since 2001. 

Do you have a quantative analysis of  all the  Rhogram injections to the nanogram level?

Until I see one I do not believe MOST rhogram injections are mercury free. IOW they contain less than one half or one nanogram of mercury.

#63 of 141 Old 06-12-2012, 05:39 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

And the CDC doesn't set the vaccine schedule, either.
#64 of 141 Old 06-12-2012, 05:54 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

The weight of scientific evidence supports Hg [mercury] as a causal factor in subjects diagnosed with an ASD.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20628441

#65 of 141 Old 06-12-2012, 05:56 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm going to stick with the institute of medicine, who said the exact opposite.
#66 of 141 Old 06-12-2012, 06:00 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisw View Post

The weight of scientific evidence supports Hg [mercury] as a causal factor in subjects diagnosed with an ASD.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20628441

Autism is a member of the ASD family of diseases.

#67 of 141 Old 06-12-2012, 06:10 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:

I'm going to stick with the institute of medicine, who said the exact opposite.

Oh you  mean IOM the pack of Vaccine Industry sold outs. How many members of the IOM board are being paid directly or indirectly by the Vaccine Industry?

Beyond taking money from the genocidal Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the IoM is also funded at times from junk food and soda companies such as PepsiCo (http://www.iom.edu/Reports/2009/Mitigating-Nutritional-Impacts-of-Glo...)

Even more interestingly, a prominent board member of PepsiCo is also a member of the Institute of Medicine: Victor J. Dzau, a conventional medical doctor, has made the rounds through Harvard Medical School and Duke University. Now he's a top PepsiCo board member while simultaneously serving as a director of these three pharmaceutical and medical device companies: Genzyme Corporation, Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Medtronic, Inc. (http://www.pepsico.com/Company/Board-of-Directors-and-Committees.html...) and (http://people.forbes.com/profile/victor-j-dzau/3593)

Ring any bells? Medtronic is the company that was recently caught bribing a doctor to fabricate study results (http://www.naturalnews.com/027745_Medtronic_fraud.html). The company was also caught up in allegations of Medicare fraud (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/23/business/23device.html) and was sued by 22 states, which said Medtronic "unlawfully and unabashedly developed, marketed and promoted its biliary stent medical devices for uses unapproved by the Food and Drug Administration." (http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=842852)

Genzyme Corporation, on which Victor Dzau also sits as a board member, is a fully owned subsidiary of Sanofi-Aventis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genzyme), one of the world's largest vaccine manufacturers and the company that recently received hundreds of millions of dollars in government vaccine contracts for the hyped up H5N1 swine flu scare. Sanofi-Aventis admittedly received $192.5 million from the U.S. government just in the second quarter of 2008 to produce vaccines for a "pandemic stockpile" against H5N1 (http://en.sanofi.com/press/press_releases/2008/ppc_14662.asp).

Genzyme produces medicines to treat kidney disease, one of the most common side effects of flu vaccines. (http://www.naturalnews.com/030299_vaccination_flu_shots.html) In this way, the more vaccines that are injected into people, the more kidney disease drugs can be sold by companies such as Genzyme.

And yet Genzyme has questionable health practices itself! In June, 2009, Genzyme's U.S. manufacturing plant was shut down due to the discovery that it suffered from a "viral contamination." In November of 2009, "fragments of stainless steel, rubber, and fiber-like material were discovered in some of Genzyme's drugs," after which the FDA said all those drugs should stay on the market because there was no evidence of any side effects from those materials. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genzyme#Contamination_incidents)

Not surprisingly, Victor Dzau was named a "Distinguished Scientist" by the American Heart Association and was the recipient of the 2004 Max Delbruck Medal, Berlin, Germany. Max Delbruck, by the way, was a German biophysicist who promoted the idea that living systems (including humans) are nothing more than biochemical robots, and his work on molecular genetics was, in many ways, ground-laying work for modern-day genetic engineering (GMOs).

#68 of 141 Old 06-12-2012, 06:15 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Looking at the tragedy of Autism in a coldly mathematical manner IMO

We can make this statement. ”If you do not vaccinate your fetuses, newborns and children and you make a few nutritional and lifestyle changes you may decrease the odds that your children will become Autistic from about 1/63 to about 1/20,000 or better.”  

This is proven by the experience of the Amish who DO NOT Vaccinate and have a less than 1/30,000 incidence of Autism today in the year of our Lord 2012.

“We have a fairly large practice. We have about 30,000 or 35,000 children that we’ve taken care of over the years, and I don’t think we have a single case of autism in children delivered by us who never received vaccines,” said Dr. Mayer Eisenstein, Homefirst’s medical director who founded the practice in 1973. Homefirst doctors have delivered more than 15,000 babies at home, and thousands of them have never been vaccinated."  Non vaccinated Children do not get Autism

#69 of 141 Old 06-12-2012, 06:30 AM

The Amish DO VACCINATE.
#70 of 141 Old 06-12-2012, 06:51 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

A prospective study of thimerosal-containing Rho(D)-immune globulin administration as a risk factor for autistic disorders.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17674242

#71 of 141 Old 06-12-2012, 06:54 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:

The Amish DO VACCINATE.

Vaccinations have not been as widely accepted by Amish, for a number of reasons, including uncertainty over safety.

http://amishamerica.com/do-amish-vaccinate-their-children/

#72 of 141 Old 06-12-2012, 06:56 AM

I'm noticing those are all studied done by the same doctors and same institute.
#73 of 141 Old 06-12-2012, 06:57 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)

Stik, there are more than 2 rh factors. There are about 30, actually, but only a handful are susceptible to development of antibodies. I think they are Kell, E, C, and there's another one I'm blanking on. But they are rare, and for this discussion, we are talking about D, or rh + and -. Rhogam only prevents sensitization for factor D.

Louis, there are no consequences for doctors who do not follow the CDC schedule. The CDC doesn't have anything to do with individual doctors in that regard, the licensing board for their state does. They are so over taxed and understaffed, that only egregious mistakes will incur the wrath of the licensing board. I suggest you familiarize yourself with the training, licensing, and oversight that physicians are given in the United States (assuming that is where you are from). The CDC makes a lot of recommendations on health, not just vaccines, because they are charged with watching health trends in the US and making recommendations to make the population healthier.

Also, I have questions about this % of rh- moms who have children with autism. Autism is equally represented throughout all races, however, rh- is not. That means that African Americans, for instance, have about the same % of autistic children that Caucasian Americans do, however, they have about half as many rh- moms as Caucasian Americans do. How is that explained? 

#74 of 141 Old 06-12-2012, 06:59 AM

And I use doctors loosely since at least one of them was stripped of his medical license.
#75 of 141 Old 06-12-2012, 07:02 AM

Oh, and I have another question. If vitamin D is the cure for autism, then it stands to reason that the cause is a Vit D deficiency. So what does that have to do with rhogam and thimerasol?

#76 of 141 Old 06-12-2012, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisw View Post

“We have a fairly large practice. We have about 30,000 or 35,000 children that we’ve taken care of over the years, and I don’t think we have a single case of autism in children delivered by us who never received vaccines,” said Dr. Mayer Eisenstein, Homefirst’s medical director who founded the practice in 1973. Homefirst doctors have delivered more than 15,000 babies at home, and thousands of them have never been vaccinated."  Non vaccinated Children do not get Autism

Your last statement "non vaccinated children do not get autism" is pure rubbish. There are mothers on this board with children who are living proof. 

And maybe you just skimmed that article because you appeared to have missed these parts:

Eisenstein stresses his observations are not scientific. "The trouble is this is just anecdotal in a sense, because what if every autistic child goes somewhere else and (their family) never calls us or they moved out of state?"

Chicago is America's prototypical "City of Big Shoulders," to quote Carl Sandburg, and Homefirst's mostly middle-class families seem fairly representative. A substantial number are conservative Christians who home-school their children. They are mostly white, but the Homefirst practice also includes black and Hispanic families and non-home-schooling Jews, Catholics and Muslims.

They tend to be better educated, follow healthier diets and breast-feed their children much longer than the norm -- half of Homefirst's mothers are still breast-feeding at two years. Also, because Homefirst relies less on prescription drugs including antibiotics as a first line of treatment, these children have less exposure to other medicines, not just vaccines.

Schattauer, interviewed at the Rolling Meadows office, said his caseload is too limited to draw conclusions about a possible link between vaccines and autism. "With these numbers you'd have a hard time proving or disproving anything," he said. "You can only get a feeling about it.

So maybe you should have just said you feel that non-vaccinate children don't get autism...but you'd still be wrong. Even some of the most staunch anti-vax groups out there don't make such statements because they don't want to look foolish.

#77 of 141 Old 06-12-2012, 07:13 AM

More on the institute for chronic illness, who was responsible for both of the studies Louis has linked to.

http://neurodiversity.com/weblog/article/98/an-elusive-institute-significant-misrepresentations-mark-geier-david-geier-the-evolution-of-the-lupron-protocol-part-two

Heres a biased and one sided account of how and why mark geiers medical license got revoked.
http://photoninthedarkness.com/?p=215/
"In a Summary Suspension Order dated 27 April 2011, the extent of Dr. Geier’s “callous disregard” of not only ethical issues (e.g. the proper composition of an IRB) but also basic medical practice has been laid bare. In this order, the MBP details the inappropriate diagnosis and treatment of nine children (”A” through “I”), how Dr. Geier misrepresented his credentials and also how the IRB of Dr. Geier’s “Institute of Chronic Illness” (ICI) consisted of himself, his wife and his son (note: an IRB is supposed to have at least five members and none can be involved in the research being reviewed)."
#78 of 141 Old 06-12-2012, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post

Oh, and I have another question. If vitamin D is the cure for autism, then it stands to reason that the cause is a Vit D deficiency. So what does that have to do with rhogam and thimerasol?

Because apparently it has to be something the government and big pharma are doing. And when you disprove one thing like thimerosal, then it will be another thing. The goal post is always being moved.

#79 of 141 Old 06-12-2012, 07:21 AM

There's also some speculation that since home first caters to non vaccinating parents parents of children that get diagnosed with autism might just stop going there, out of embarrassment or what I don't know.
#80 of 141 Old 06-12-2012, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbyGrant View Post

Because apparently it has to be something the government and big pharma are doing. And when you disprove one thing like thimerosal, then it will be another thing. The goal post is always being moved.

Agreed. Now that thimerosal is out of the picture, it's aluminum. But I'm wondering how Louis puts that together. He was so sure above that Vit D is the cure, so how does that related to rhogam being the cause? It just doesn't make sense. So I am curious how vitamin D, rhogam, thmerasol, and autism all fit together.

I do believe, however, that there was a study published in Pediatrics that rh - moms have higher instances of children with autism, but I believe the study was not very well done, and in addition, the difference was not statistically significant. And, there have been "studies" coming out linking autism to just about everything from overweight moms, moms who are mentally ill, certain areas of the country, etc and so forth that it is really becoming junk resident research. Residents often need to publish as part of their program requirements, and they can get funding for autism studies, so they throw some flawed junk together and a journal publishes it because autism is almost always published in the mainstream media, which raises their importance ranking. A journal like Nature or Pediatrics would love to have a very well done study that proves without a doubt that autism is caused by something - anything - because they will get so much public attention for it. That's a part of why the Lancet published that junk by Wakefield without making sure they researched the conflict of interest. Regular research that they don't expect the press to pick up is held to a really strict standard, but sometimes they will slip something through if it will maybe get them enough attention from the major news agencies, or is controversial enough. that's why the lack of research showing that rhogam or vaccines are dangerous is so telling. They'd publish it in a heartbeat. I know, because I used to work for one of the larger research journals, so I have seen peer review from the inside.

#81 of 141 Old 06-12-2012, 07:28 AM

Quote:

There's also some speculation that since home first caters to non vaccinating parents parents of children that get diagnosed with autism might just stop going there, out of embarrassment or what I don't know.

Because they must have done something wrong.

#82 of 141 Old 06-12-2012, 07:36 AM

Re: the Amish and vaccination

"Responses were received by 225 (60%) of the 374 Amish households in the community with children aged <15 years. An additional 120 responses were received by households without children. A total of 189 (84%) households with children reported that all of their children had received vaccinations; 28 (12%) reported that some of their children had received vaccinations; and 8 (4%) reported that none of their children had received vaccinations

84% of Amish households reported all their kids had received vaccinations. Only 4% reported that none of their kids had received vaccinations. Among all respondents who knew their own vaccination status, 281/313 (90%) reported that they had received vaccinations as children."
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17133167

So rates are lower than the general population, but not so low that they would account for some drastic difference in autism rates.

#83 of 141 Old 06-12-2012, 07:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post

Stik, there are more than 2 rh factors. There are about 30, actually, but only a handful are susceptible to development of antibodies. I think they are Kell, E, C, and there's another one I'm blanking on. But they are rare, and for this discussion, we are talking about D, or rh + and -. Rhogam only prevents sensitization for factor D.

There are a lot of different factors that impact and modify blood type.  Rh factor, also known as factor D, is one of those.  However, everyone in the world either DOES have Rh factor, or DOES NOT.  So while a lot of things impact your blood type, you are either Rh+ (you have Rh factor along with all the other factors you may have) or Rh- (whatever other factors you may have, Rh factor is not among them) in addition to all the other factors that you may or may not have.  You are correct that Rhogam only prevents sensitization caused by factor D.  Which is handy for Rh- women, and unfortunate for women with those other factors who do not have access to a simple preventative treatment. 

#84 of 141 Old 06-12-2012, 08:01 AM

Quote:

The article linked to above says this:

Quote:
“We do have enough of a sample,” Eisenstein said. “The numbers are too large to not see it. We would absolutely know. We’re all family doctors. If I have a child with autism come in, there’s no communication. It’s frightening. You can’t touch them. It’s not something that anyone would miss.”

There are several problems with this statement.  The first that that family doctors do not generally diagnose autism (and they shouldn't).  Developmental pediatricians and child psychologists diagnose, often after consulting with a team of medical professionals and ruling out other conditions.  Family doctors miss ASDs frequently.  Go to a support group meeting of families with kids with ASDs  and ask how about it.

Secondly, and more disturbingly, is Eisenstein's characterization of individuals with autism as: having no communication, frightening, untouchable, and obvious.  This is a terrible stereotype of autism and shows a complete lack of understanding about the reality of the autism spectrum.  Many children with autism do communicate, but the adults who live and work with them often have to learn new methods of communication. While some individuals with autism do not like to be touched, this is certainly not true of all of them.  Many will tolerate touch by people they trust and some will seek out touch from others.  And I can assure you, that if we had a family doctor who felt that autism is "frightening", we would run far away from him. 

Given this attitude, it does not surprise me in the least that Eisenstein has no (known) patients with autism.  Who would want their autistic child around him?  I work hard to keep my child with autism away from people with such attitudes. But I wonder how many of his patients have undiagnosed ASD, since he is only looking for a stereotype?

Lolly
Mom to an amazing little guy, age 9 (Autism, Hyperlexia, Dyspraxia, Albinism, Chromosome Microdeletion)

#85 of 141 Old 06-12-2012, 08:08 AM

Amish do have autism:

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/myth-amish-don-t-have-autism#

Stik, this explains the rh factors better than I did. :) http://faculty.matcmadison.edu/mljensen/BloodBank/lectures/RhBloodGroupSystem.htm I think rh factors are really interesting, especially the history of blood transfusions, which is why I thought Dracula was such a fascinating read.

#86 of 141 Old 06-12-2012, 08:17 AM
Banned

That is a completely interesting explanation unlike anything I have ever seen before in 20 years of tracking research and information in re. blood factor incompatibilities related to Rh factor and the treatments for them.  I think it's likely that, as a clinical lab instructor at Madison Technical College, Ms. Jenson is struggling to help her students understand the complexity of blood types and is misusing some terminology.  Nonetheless, you either HAVE Rh factors, and therefore cannot develop antibodies to them, or you DO NOT have Rh factors, and can develop antibodies that may attack a developing fetus during pregnancy.  You are Rh- or Rh+, there is not an Rh neutral that could explain how 35% of the moms in Stephanie Cave's practice are neither Rh+ or Rh-.

#87 of 141 Old 06-12-2012, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

A Doctor Looks at Autism and its Roots

Upon superficial review, nothing could seem more appropriate than to protect the population from dread diseases with simple and presumably harmless inoculations. However, the issue is very complex, and it is best to address it appropriately informed, as the consequences of such shots can often be as dire as the very diseases themselves. As with other public health issues such as the artificial fluoridation of our water supplies or the ongoing assault on our immune systems with the continued placement of mercury fillings in our mouths, vaccination programs are characterized mainly by emotional and political support, with a decided paucity of scientific validation. Similar to the fluoride and mercury issues, vaccinations also hold the unswerving loyalty and support of numerous health professionals, most of whom, once imprinted in their early training, never allow new data or studies to sway their allegiances. If such data does not appear in the very limited realm of a few specific scientific journals, it is simply assumed that new and revolutionary information cannot exist.

http://wellnessforest.com/?p=728

#88 of 141 Old 06-12-2012, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollybrat View Post

There are several problems with this statement.  The first that that family doctors do not generally diagnose autism (and they shouldn't).  Developmental pediatricians and child psychologists diagnose, often after consulting with a team of medical professionals and ruling out other conditions.  Family doctors miss ASDs frequently.  Go to a support group meeting of families with kids with ASDs  and ask how about it.

Secondly, and more disturbingly, is Eisenstein's characterization of individuals with autism as: having no communication, frightening, untouchable, and obvious.  This is a terrible stereotype of autism and shows a complete lack of understanding about the reality of the autism spectrum.  Many children with autism do communicate, but the adults who live and work with them often have to learn new methods of communication. While some individuals with autism do not like to be touched, this is certainly not true of all of them.  Many will tolerate touch by people they trust and some will seek out touch from others.  And I can assure you, that if we had a family doctor who felt that autism is "frightening", we would run far away from him. 

Given this attitude, it does not surprise me in the least that Eisenstein has no (known) patients with autism.  Who would want their autistic child around him?  I work hard to keep my child with autism away from people with sure attitudes. But I wonder how many of his patients have undiagnosed ASD, since he is only looking for a stereotype?

I was just coming back to post something similar, but this pretty much sums up everything I had to say. Since Eisenstein is looking for children that have no communication and are frightening, untouchable, and obvious he's be missing many and dare I say most cases of ASD. And I cannot imagine a parent would want to take their child with ASD to him since he seems to have such a profound lack of knowledge on the subject, a total misunderstanding of what autism is, and admitted lack of experience with kids with ASD.

#89 of 141 Old 06-12-2012, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

The importance of Vitamin C in the prevention of Serious Complications of Childhood "Disease" And not letting "AUTHORITY" distract you from the TRUTH

http://www.seanet.com/~alexs/ascorbate/199x/landwehr-r-j_orthomol_med-1991-v6-n2-p99.htm

#90 of 141 Old 06-12-2012, 08:45 AM

TBH, I only read the beginning, about the different groups, I didn't read the entire article. It's hard finding anything on the other rh factors, because all the info out there is on D. But the beginning basics are pretty much spot from what I learned years ago. I have some weird blood clotting and Rh stuff, and my head was spinning after seeing the hematologist, so I started reading some medical school books at his suggestion. Blood is so complex.

I think we are trying to say the same thing, but are getting the details confused. What I am saying is that your blood is covered in various Rh factors. Everyone talks about + and - like they are the only one along with the blood group, but there are many others. You can have a blood type that looks like A D ee C. that would be A+ with no E antigen, but with a C antigen. Just for example. Louis is talking only about rh- and rh+, but there are others that can cause sensitivities. There aren't just 2 rh factors. When I was learning about it about 10 years ago the current knowledge was that there were about 26, but I think they have since found more. Very few of those really matter, but in pregnancy a few of them can matter. Kell for instance can be a very dangerous and highly reactive sensitization.

How about this one, again I skimmed it. http://www.perinatology.com/Archive/Isoimmunization.htm The kids are having a crabby morning. Just when I think they are happy building roly poly huts, they start griping again. Ahh, summer vacation. :)

Tags
Autism

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page