Feeling sick after meals. Food allergy? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-22-2012, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have been feeling very sick to my stomach after eating for a while now. Mostly just nauseous, and a bit dizzy, but also sometimes pain, and an overly full feeling. I am also having seasonal allergy type symptoms and joint pain, so I thought maybe it was a food allergy/sensitivity. I cut out wheat and dairy, but I am still feeling sick after every meal.

I have taken a pregnancy test, which was negative.

I have a 10 month old and almost three year old, and am wondering if this might be related to postpartum hormonal fluctuations?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

#2 of 5 Old 06-24-2012, 06:28 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)

Feeling sick after every meal sounds like you have some sort of digestive tract problem. Start keeping a food diary along with notes on liquid intake and what you feel after each meal as well as any medications you take. That info will help if you see a health care practitioner about the problem. 

#3 of 5 Old 06-24-2012, 12:49 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I JUST went through this and it lasted 2-3 weeks with maybe a day or two here and there that I thought it was over and a sprinkling of headache here and there.  And despite the very significant odds against potential pregnancy (physically, it should be impossible) I STILL considered that some freak of nature made me so.  The first day it came on late in the day and I was so nauseous and so dizzy that I couldn't find a way to sit that was comfortable and I could touch or sleep on my stomach.

I'm completely fine now.  It must've been quite a bug.  My husband (who has a significantly less healthy digestive tract than me and the kids) actually got SO sick the first day that he called out sick from work for the first time in the entire 15 years I've known him... and it lingered with him for a good 4 weeks (mine set in about a week after he was initially hit).  Kids completely escaped it.

Hope yours passes.  I've run into a few other people that have heard others getting hit with a stomach bug.  We pretty much NEVER. EVER. get sick.

Heather - Wife , Mommy  & Health & Wellness Educator, Speaker & Consultant 

Dairy, soy & corn free with limited gluten... yes, really. And journeying towards peace.  Blogging about both.

Let me guide you to find the food and lifestyle choices...
#4 of 5 Old 06-25-2012, 08:18 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you both for your thoughts. I have just been eating a very simple diet, no processed foods, no dairy or wheat, and this seems to be helping. I don't think it is really an allergy, but perhaps a sensitivity, as I have been consuming a lot of wheat and dairy for most of my life. Avoiding these foods has really made me aware of how heavily I was relying on them. I think a little break, and then moving towards a more balanced eating plan after is what I need.

It is also very possible that this is some type of virus, as you suggest heatherdeg. Time will tell I guess.

In any event I just wanted to than you both for your thoughts on this and let you know that I have been feeling better in the last few days :o)

#5 of 5 Old 06-26-2012, 08:36 PM

That also sounds pretty classic for gallbladder disease. If so, eating nonfat/lowfat should help relieve the symptoms.

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page