Any recommendations for a brand of natural eye drops for lubrication? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-25-2012, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

My eye doctor recommended weekly use of a simple lubricating eye drop, but since I try to use natural products for most everything else I am not keen on putting propylene glycol in my eyes. Has anyone got a recommendation for a more natural eye drop? I don't wear contacts so this just for the eye.

Mamatreehugger.gif to two girl beans, Feb 2001hearts.gif and Nov 2003coolshine.gif . DH geek.gif, and two crazydog2.gifdog2.gif . Running on biodiesel since 2004!

"All you fascists are bound to lose" — Woody Guthrie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2012, 07:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

I've used this brand for both pink eye and itchy allergy eyes.  I loved them!  This is the dry eye relief one.   I have also heard that taking flax seed oil helps, not in your eyes of course, internally! 

Old 06-28-2012, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Thanks. I saw that one, but wasn't sure about some of the ingredients, esp the ones for preservatives. I ended up finding some Boiron single use ones that seem similar. I think the Similasan single use is probably very similar to the Boiron, but I didn't see the single use.

Mamatreehugger.gif to two girl beans, Feb 2001hearts.gif and Nov 2003coolshine.gif . DH geek.gif, and two crazydog2.gifdog2.gif . Running on biodiesel since 2004!

"All you fascists are bound to lose" — Woody Guthrie
Old 06-28-2012, 08:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanma View Post

Thanks. I saw that one, but wasn't sure about some of the ingredients, esp the ones for preservatives. I ended up finding some Boiron single use ones that seem similar. I think the Similasan single use is probably very similar to the Boiron, but I didn't see the single use.

I totally forgot about the Boiron ones!  I haven't used those ones, but I love the company, so I suspect they'll be great!

Tags
Health Healing
User Tag List