Is this pancreatitis? Could it be gallstones? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-07-2012, 10:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been hAving some discomfort on my right Side under my ribs, now it's on my left. The pain (a 1-2 on a pain scale of 0-10) on the right, I noticed would come after fatty meals. It would soon go away though. Now I have a pain on my left, and it's kinda been there for a few hours now. No pain on the right tho.

Tonight i took digestive enzymes before dinner and I ate puréed carrots, fish and sweet bell peppers to take some of the load of my pancreas. I've been eating tons of fat lately (my favorite snack has been coconut oil glob mixed with sunflower seeds and some honey), mostly coconut oil and evoo, because of a restricted diet eliminating nearly all eight top allergens so I eat fairly well... Better than the average SAD anyways

Should I get this checked out ASAP? Should I try a gallbladder cleanse (the lemon juice olive oil apple cider, Epsom salt cleanse.. Is it nursing safe?) I'm nursing an almost exclusively bf dd 11 mos.

my diet has no precessed foods, but is already so limited as dd has eczema and has reacted to my diet in the past, tho I am slowly reintroducing food into my own diet but feel stuck right now with what I feel could be gallstones. I've lost so much weight already and have been using fats to keep the calories higher because I don't think I can afford to be any thinner. I'm 4'11" and about 90lbs.

Like I mentioned earlier, the pain isn't severe, but wanna nip whatever this is in the bud ASAP.. Please help innocent.gif

h20homebirth.gif    femalesling.GIF-     familybed2.gif   -Yep... thats me redface.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2012, 11:12 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)

It does sound like gallstones. I know some people have had success with the flush but I'd find out what it is before I make a decision to do that.

Have you ever had an ultrasound to see if there are stones or gravel? You definitely want to take care of it before it affects your pancreas so I'd say seeing a health care practitioner would be wise. 

Tags
Health Healing
User Tag List