My 7 month old has a moderate to severe diaper rash on her vagina and legs. - Mothering Forums
Women's Health > My 7 month old has a moderate to severe diaper rash on her vagina and legs.
aybreighsmommy1's Avatar aybreighsmommy1 12:55 PM 08-25-2012

My daughter has a diaper rash. It looks like little red blisters and ive tried diaper rash ointment, corn starch, corn starch baby powder...etc. I don't  know what else to try. It doesn't seem to be getting better. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

goldenwillow's Avatar goldenwillow 03:59 PM 08-25-2012

ZInc Oxide.  Can find it at a pharmacy.  Most diaper creams have it as an ingredient but they also have a ton of other ingredients that would irritate the rash.  If you are using cloth diapers, it can make the diaper not wick away, if used too much.  My LO had a couple rashes in his diaper time and I tried to leave him diaperless while he had a rash, helps. 

I hope your LO feels better soon. 

sbgrace's Avatar sbgrace 04:11 PM 08-25-2012
Have you see a doctor? Staph can get in the diaper area.

My son was actually reacting to the zinc oxide in creams. The doctor gave us something that worked wonders. I don't remember what it was though.
goldenwillow's Avatar goldenwillow 03:58 PM 08-26-2012

Oh my.  Your LO reacted to zinc.  We rarely used it but it did help when needed.  Interesting. 

pek64's Avatar pek64 01:56 AM 08-27-2012
My son also reacted to zinc. Zinc is in steel, so it is in snaps, watchbacks and jewelry. Granted, the last two are not going to be issues at this stage, buy if snaps that rest on bare skin cause a rash, then it's probably a zinc allergy.
colsxjack's Avatar colsxjack 09:32 PM 08-30-2012

coconut oil always helps my DD diaper rashes.

begoniamama's Avatar begoniamama 10:12 PM 08-31-2012

could it be yeast? the fact that you said they look like blisters and that it's spreading makes me think yeast infection. you could try yeast cream or "triple paste", which has anti fungal properties in it.

minerva23's Avatar minerva23 03:29 PM 09-03-2012

The best way to treat a bad diaper rash - simple lukewarm strongly brewed  black tea.

Just frequently dab on the area in question and leave exposed to air as much as possible.

If nothing helped, this did.

Tags: Health Healing
Up