Scabies on My Toddler - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-28-2012, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How do I get rid of thus stuff for good??? I've tried the creams from the Dr. 3xs, now trying apple cider vinegar and tea tree oil...
#2 of 7 Old 09-01-2012, 11:00 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)

Anyone with experience have advice to share?

#3 of 7 Old 09-01-2012, 12:59 PM

What has been done after cream application as far as cleaning bed linens and bathtub? Where does the child primarily have the scabies?

Darla dishes.gif Jimguitar.gif Wrenflower.gif Papahat.gif Grandma dog2.gifNana Anne jumpers.gif & the Great Cosmic Mimi om.gif
3 houses - 2 blocks in the old neighborhood = 1 eclectic/traditional tribe!
#4 of 7 Old 09-01-2012, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

They are on left arm below elbow, on body below belly button, mostly on legs & groin, she gets new bedding every day, apple cider vinegar baths twice a day tea tree lotion all over before bed, seems to be helping but afraid to stop, don't want another infestation, I'm the only other person to have any bites, laundry is washed in hot water and dried on high heat in dryer
#5 of 7 Old 09-02-2012, 08:02 AM

Were you also treated with the prescription cream?  If it's primarily coming from legs and groin, I would suspect your child is getting reinfected from sitting on an infected space or person's lap.  Have you disinfected (we're talkin' bleach) toilets and bathtub?

Does your child go to daycare/preschool and could this be the source of the scabies?

(I got scabies some years ago by accidentally stepping in a muddy puddle in a busy downtown.  I was wearing sandals.  The itching started the next day and quickly spread from hands to feet.  I sought medical treatment at a doc-in-the-box and was told I had athlete's foot.  Nope.  When I googled "itching so bad it keeps you up at night" that's scabies.  I went to another doctor and told him I thought I had scabies.  He wanted to inspect my hands with his bare hands and I stopped him.  He took my word for it.)

Darla dishes.gif Jimguitar.gif Wrenflower.gif Papahat.gif Grandma dog2.gifNana Anne jumpers.gif & the Great Cosmic Mimi om.gif
3 houses - 2 blocks in the old neighborhood = 1 eclectic/traditional tribe!
#6 of 7 Old 09-02-2012, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

It was originally on her side and under her arm always on the left side primarily except for a few spots that would randomly appear on her back or other leg. We have actually moved this past week so we're in a totally different state.
#7 of 7 Old 09-06-2012, 08:52 PM

I read about an oil that they used in India for scabies called Neem but it stinks really bad. My daughter picked up scabies on her hand and then her legs. We did the prescription cream. I was too freaked out to research any other options. The cream worked for us bit because I was paranoid for a few months after, I bought a bottle of Neem and used it. Phew! Did it stink! But I just didn't care. I was making sure they were gone. I don't know if you know this but it takes a few weeks for the symptoms to subside. I used allergy meds to keep the itching at bay. Sorry, I usually don't opt for meds but I freaked out. So there's Neem and if you do an Internet search you'll probably find others because I think I saw others while searching. Oh and I think I did hear about tea tree oil and some other kind of oil but basically the other oil supposedly suffocated them. Not sure how accurate that is. But I hope you find something.... I know how you feel.

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page