what does this illness sound like to you? We are on vacation and have only emergency coverage - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-11-2012, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

3 1/2 yr old-

wakes late last night saying her forehead hurts. She started a horrible barking cough. Scary and said her lungs hurt. She was shaking. Then calmed her, gave milk (nipple). She still was shivery but very quickly better but had a fever. After less than an hour she seemed all normal except for fever. She slept with a fever 101. I think. This morning still fever and said forehead hurt. Then all good except fever. We walked around outside and and ate. After a few hour she said she was tired and she vomited lunch less than a half hour after eating. Now she is sleeping with fever.

Does this sound scary? The cough did. She did have this cough once before (brief too). I would think much of it if not for forehead pain and coughing hours ago. Now she coughs a tiny bit but not while sleeping and it sound like a regular old cough.

thanks you for thought!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2012, 06:51 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)

That doesn't sound especially scary to me. There is a cough going around out town that makes sick-ies sound like they've been smoking for years. I hope you LO feels better! 

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif

Tags
Health Healing
User Tag List