roseola or HFM? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 09-18-2012, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Here is what dd has had: early sat. morning/late friday night started with a fever, the fever got as high as 104 when the tylenol wore off. I kept giving her tylenol thinking that she would be better soon until monday morning took her to urgent care and dr. said it was a virus, by that time her fever was gone...Then once home she developed a rash starting on her thighs and then spread to her upper/lower legs, arms and cheeks and a little on her stomach. She is eating and drinking better now and sleeping a lot more than usual, and cranky. The rash doesn't have clear postules like chicken pox. It almost reminds me of eczema or poison ivy. Does this sound like roseola or hand foot and mouth? Stbx DH is thinking of taking her back to the dr. tomorrow, but i don't feel there is a need since she is doing better minus having the rash.

With roseola and hfm, how long should she stay away from other kids?

TIA

supermod.gif semi crunchy single student super mama to DS 7wave.gif and DD 3shy.gif. Falling in stillheart.gif with single super dad superhero.gif to DD5kissy.gif and DD2energy.gif 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 09-20-2012, 12:35 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

Sounds more like Roseola.  HFM doesn't usually spike a high fever, and the sores are more blister like, and tend to concentrate on hands, feet, mouth and sometime diaper area.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Tags
Health Healing

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page